*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central locking issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Central locking issue

Postby JohnGem » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Hi
When I press my key to lock, the horn activates each time. If I press twice as per normal all doors close accept passenger door. If I press multiple times the passenger door locks as well but the horn blasts each press. Any suggestions?
JohnGem

Re: Central locking issue

Postby Hart_graham » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:50 am

Very common fault with custom. Mine had exactly this and in the end would not lock at all. In my case it was the drivers door. The problem was 2 broken wires in the door loom where it joins the body loom at the door pillar. If you disconnect the plug then pull back the rubber boot you will likely find broken wires. It a c**p quality loom. Be warned that ALL the wires are black with no idents on them so need to be careful if you splice/repair the loom. I changed the loom which is not that difficult. I found one on flea bay for £75. There's quite a good vid on Utube.
hth's
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Central locking issue

Postby CMGolds » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm

I had similar problem on a 2016 custom that had done 55k, passenger door would lock but not unlock from the driver side and then it would lock all the doors on its own. Turned out to be multiple broken wires in the driver door. Changing the loom, was easy enough and it solved the problem.
CMGolds

Return to Transit Custom