*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RESET DPF LEARNED VALUES

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RESET DPF LEARNED VALUES

Postby carlburt78 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:56 pm

What would happen if you reset dpf learned values on a dpf that has a soot load ?
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RESET DPF LEARNED VALUES

Postby fisjon » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:05 pm

Hi
Can't answer your question but my 2014 2.2 custom has just lit up the engine manage light.
I checked the code and it is the DPF that is the problem.
I have booked it into a garage next wed to have the dpf cleaned, (TeraClean).
I have also now found out that the egr valve is not working, so this will be sorted at the same time.
Strangely the van doesn't seem to be suffering performance wise.
I'll update you with cost and let you know if the van runs any better.
fisjon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Robbieben » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:43 pm

If you reset the learned values on a DPF that is partially blocked due to high soot load you will generate a warning light as the ECU has preconfigured values that you can't change. Most clean DPF's have a pressure of about 0.7 mbar across the DPF. As soot load builds this can increase to around 1.6 mbar before a regeneration is instigated by the ECU.
Robbieben
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby carlburt78 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:06 pm

Robbieben wrote:If you reset the learned values on a DPF that is partially blocked due to high soot load you will generate a warning light as the ECU has preconfigured values that you can't change. Most clean DPF's have a pressure of about 0.7 mbar across the DPF. As soot load builds this can increase to around 1.6 mbar before a regeneration is instigated by the ECU.

Mine seems healthy as the pressure is around 0.6 but it fills up really quick and I'm lucky to get 20 miles between regens and they take ages to finish even though exhaust temperature is 600 degrees +

I've had the throttle body/ inlet and egr cleaned and had 4 glow plugs replaced last week but still had frequent regens! The guy who done the above work looked at live data and said my coolant temp was 60 ish degrees which isnt right , today after work I had the thermostat replaced and now coolant temperature is normal at 88 degrees... I could have been driving around for months with an overcooled engine which could be bad for the dpf so I will have to see if things improve tomorrow now engine parameters are stable
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom