*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injector coding

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Injector coding

Postby ForMalone » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:43 am

2019 Transit Custom 2.0Litre eco blue .
Just fitted four new injectors and coded the six digit number on injectors for fuel trim van is driving ok but engine noise is harsh a cracking . Phoned Ford dealer for info and it seems that a twelve digit code needs to be recovered from pcm for total fuel quantity trimming. Can anyone tell me how to recover this code using Forscan with extended license or will I need to use the more expensive dealership to have the coding finalised
Malone
ForMalone

Re: Injector coding

Postby ForMalone » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 pm

Update to recent post I have gone back to my vehicle with forscan and have reset all possible parameters through service pcm etc still have the same problem Does anyone know if the twelve digit code would be able to be retrieved through the gateway security
Malone
ForMalone

Postby Frag » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:18 pm

Why were injectors replaced ? What was the fault / symptom ?
Where were the new injectors from ?
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby ForMalone » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:23 pm

Injectors replaced going into limp above 60mph codes 126. A B C D at various different times new parts from ford dealer
ForMalone

Postby Frag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:25 pm

If you’ve entered the injector correction factors as described,
Other than resetting the injector learn values there’s nothing else you should have to do.

You can reset high pressure fuel system learn values,but shouldn’t have to and I doubt it will make any difference.
Maybe datalog the fuel rail pressure,check that fuel rail pressure sensor is ok,they are prone to falling apart and are easily broken if your not careful while replacing injectors…
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby ForMalone » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:58 pm

Have input all available codes and correction values but when we spoke with ford stealership they told us that the 12 digit code required is locked in pcm .I have various tools for programming etc and the only one asking for the 12digit code was my snap on modis . I don’t have security access from ford site to retrieve code . Will persevere but think I will have to take the punishment and get ford to finalise the coding . Will repost with outcome .
Malone
ForMalone

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:26 pm

That must be related to aftermarket code readers/scanners…

I’ve never heard of any of that before,and we’ve fitted literally thousands of injectors to 2.0’s.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby ForMalone » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:58 am

Ford are telling me that this 12 digit code is locked in pcm and is only accessible online . Code is for Injector Quantity Adjustment and not fuel trim . I suspect that this IQA code is related to fuel pressure as the harsh noise sounds like an injector sticking and fuel pressure building to a higher pressure than should be required . Anyhow I will post the outcome after I’ve been to stealership .
Thanks for your input
Malone
ForMalone

Postby ForMalone » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:36 pm

Have been to dealer to have coding done but don’t think that they have done anything to the van . Still have the tapping noise but after some testing / blocking of injectors one at a time we find that number four injector is the problem we have also been able to switch each injector off individually through the pcm and when number four is switched off the noise disappears . This led us to think that we had been supplied with a faulty injector . We then had number four injector replaced under warranty thinking we were going to have our problem fixed but no such luck. We returned to dealer but have been left no further down the road than we were before . We still have this noise from number four injector any suggestions would be helpful information however small is always beneficial and may just overcome the fault . I’ve been in this game for 55 years and never had anything like this .
Malone
ForMalone

Return to Transit Custom