*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Apple CarPlay temperamental connection…

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Apple CarPlay temperamental connection…

Postby Mikee » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm

Hi guys and gals,
I’ve had my custom Ltd swb for about 6 months now and from the start the car play has been hit and miss connecting. I originally thought it may be the phone so I had the port cleaned and checked at the Apple Store, still hit and miss. Then I got a new phone and there are still connection problems.
I turn on the engine and wait until the screen fires up then connect the phone via a lightning lead into the usb by the instrument cluster. Sometimes it fires up CarPlay first go. Other times it takes 4 or 5, sometimes it takes 20! I’ve tried changing the cable to an original Apple one, I’ve had braided ones, still no difference.

Anyone having similar issues? Or does anyone have any insight? I have been to ford very early on (to buy roof bars) and a spotty teen told me the cable was most probably the issue…he was wrong but by then I had gone home. He factory reset the head unit too.

Any help much appreciated.

Mike.
Mikee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Apple CarPlay temperamental connection…

Postby Blizz » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:06 pm

Same with my mk8 Transit.

My Toyota does that about 1/10 times, but the van is a lot more ofen...

I think it was slightly improved with last update but still not working perfect.

Mine is a Sync2.5 with no navigation.

Cheers,

David
Blizz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom