*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Battery related question

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Battery related question

Postby PaddyM » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:39 pm

Hi Guy's. Just recently bought a 17 plate MS-RT. The van seems to be taking some time to start and I think it may be down to the battery. The current battery is a Bosch S5 A11. Was talking to a few mechanics in a ford dealership and they said always go with a ford battery as they are best but from what I have read the ford batteries are crap ? Anyone able to offer any advise on this ? Also , the van is only running one battery currently but see space for two. Would there be any real benefit in upgrading to two batteries or is this overkill ?

Thanks in advance.
PaddyM

Re: Battery related question

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:07 pm

Well its only 7 years old and it will be on it 3rd battery ..so went through the ford one and went through the bosch one .

you pays your money and takes your choice

some of the best are Varta, Yuasa, Lucas

but if you are doing very short trips starting and stopping, night deriving or you have an amplifier that exceeds the alternators output, or your lifestyle or if non of them something is very wrong, do battery parasitic test.
..Think you'll need another one in 3.5 years time going by your record

Friend gave me a battery a long time ago ..said it was worn out ..i fitted it to my car .it lasted me 8 years

if you never do journeys longer than 2- 3 miles ..then you/ll always be replacing them.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Custom