*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Well its not the fuses, no interior lights or cig lighter

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Well its not the fuses, no interior lights or cig lighter

Postby roscodav » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:54 am

Hi All,

I am hoping for some help as after 3 hours I am at a loss. I have a 2014 Custom that I am converting to a camper and all was going well. I was reinstalling the headlining and while I was at it changing the interior bulbs for LED. I did the left and right ones and was ok. I then took a break and came back to it later and changed the bulbs for the middle one and none of them were working. I am not sure if it was related to changing the bulbs or just a coincidence. The auxiliary power sockets / cig lighter (all of them) are also dead. Logic said to me a fuse but I have gone through every fuse I can with a multimeter and visually inspected the ones I can't and everything seems to be ok. Main area of focus were the ones on the BCU F13 but that is fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly received as I am at a loss and the next step is to start deconstructing all the bits that I have been working on over the weekend incase I have crushed a wire or put a screw through something but honestly I dont think I was anywhere near.

Thanks in advance.

Ross
roscodav

Re: Well its not the fuses, no interior lights or cig lighte

Postby sherwoodcycles » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 pm

If you read threads about BCM plug corrosion, it.might help. One of my first signs was intermittent socket power and interior light power, then headlights not turning off and it just git worse. Easy to check
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Well its not the fuses, no interior lights or cig lighte

Postby fisjon » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:18 pm

I would be inclined to slip the fuses in and out of the fittings to 'get contact' as I had the most peculiar problem that took ages to diagnose on my old sprinter van. Sometimes I would have auxiliary power, sometimes not.
Turned out that even though I checked the fuse with a meter and got a good reading there was a tiny almost invisible amount of corrosion on the contact area of the fuse that was enough to cause the power to stop flowing when it felt like it!
Changed the fuse holder with new fuse and the problem went away.
fisjon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom