
martiboy wrote:Thanks for the excellent how to. Just 3 questions. Does the head unit require a code like the older radios if you unplugged the battery. Does it still give the little display for all the parking sensors and does it need any coding with forscan. Thanks.

CustomKeeney wrote:Hi, this is a great how to.. and has been a great help to me in trying to upgrade to the 8". I would just like to clarify that the usb extension goes to the lower usb hub? And that the soldering to the same one? And also which hub am I to swap with the one that comes with the fiesta loom? I appreciate any help you can give, and thanks for the original post as info is near impossible to find.

CustomKeeney wrote:Great how to, I'm going to attempt this myself soon. I just have a few questions. Did you have to do anything with the APIM, as in install one or was there one on yours initially. And secondly is the usb cable you got on amazon usb to usb c or the old firmware type usb.
Thanks for taking you time to post as like you said, there is very little information on this anywhere.

CustomKeeney wrote:Thanks so much to all on this forum. The help and advice was extremely useful.

mafty wrote:CustomKeeney wrote:Thanks so much to all on this forum. The help and advice was extremely useful.
Let us know if you manage to complete the swap successfully.
Chris 19 wrote:mafty wrote:CustomKeeney wrote:Thanks so much to all on this forum. The help and advice was extremely useful.
Let us know if you manage to complete the swap successfully.
Great write up mate been looking for something like this for ages. I have a question though I have a trend model so no apim does the sat nav work on it am guess would just need to add gps antenna?

martiboy wrote:I followed the how to by Maffy. I bought everything with the same part numbers and can confirm it works. I don't have carplay but android auto works just fine. All parts are from different vehicles. The only thing that I haven't got working yet is the usb beside the hazard switch. This could be because I plugged into the wrong connector or the adapter doesn't work. I've got the main 1 working so the other can wait for another day.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users
This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.