I've recently changed the time in belt on my transit Custom however I made a big mistake in the process and didn't pin the cams before taking the belt off and the crankshat was spun independently of the cams so everything was out of sync.
In attempts to remedy the situation I removed the injector from the number one cylinder and made sure the Pistons were set to halfway so that there was no valve contact. I then span the cams until both locking pins were in place.
After this, I make sure the time in Mark between the crankshaft pulley and the idler pulley met where they should before putting the belt back on and then spun everything round by hand 14 times to make sure it arrived back in the same position and I could put the pins back in the cams which I could.
However, after all this after briefly running for five seconds or so the engine cut out and now sounds like it's got no compression at all. Something is clearly gone wrong here but I'm just not sure exactly what I've done wrong at this point. My next step would be to take the rocker cover/cams off and see if the rockers are broken due to contact with pistons.
However, I still just need to know what it is that went wrong. I had the cam pins in and timing marks lined up before attempting to start it up. Any help woyld be most appriciated.



