Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020

MK 5 smiley swb 1999

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

MK 5 smiley swb 1999

Postby Sherbet Dab » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi I've joined the Transit forum as I am reluctantly selling my Mk 5 SWB Transit panel van. History of vehicle is as follows, first registered 03 03 1999 in Birmingham, was on south coast with a hire firm until 2002, then bought by a charity providing housing for adults with LD's based in Bristol for their property maintenance department, this was outsourced in 2006/7 and van was kept in a depot with other vans to be sold, however the charity also ran a fully working farm as a day centre for service users and the farmer wanted a reliable run around vehicle for use on the farm, (so its carried a few dead sheep in its time !) he retired in 2010 and the new farmer wanted a 4x4 so it became surplus to budget, I also worked on the farm as a support worker and bought the van in November 2010 with 88k on the clock becoming only the third owner, it was then I became self employed going back to the Stained glass trade and I have used this van on the road for nine years with much work done over those years including regular services and cam belt change on 90k, new front exhaust, uprated battery, lots of welding etc (I should add whilst owned by the charity it was regularly serviced by Pearce Bros in Yate Bristol.) It's been very reliable and faithful all through that time, my work after leaving the farm was mostly around Bristol and the surrounding areas hence only 21k in 10 years, However I am forced not to put it through the mot this year due to it being uneconomical in the regards of Bristol City Council introducing a low emissions zone which could mean vans older than Euro 4 and all diesel cars being banned from the city centre or charged £9 per day to enter probably to begin in 2020, so its just no longer economical for my work And I've replaced the van with a newer vehicle. Very sad to see her go but it must go!. currently parked up and sorned off road, it's last job was 26th October for a run up to Dursley and it was fine as usual. The current MOT is valid till 20th November. There is all the usual rust associated with these transits and a few dings and scrapes all round, all of the mot history plus the last advisory's can be seen on https://www.regit.cars/car/t327juk I know also there is slight damage to the exhaust when I went over some debris back in April, my mechanic has also noted that the rear quarter panels underneath would need welding but its effing hard work to do these (his words), the rear wheel arches were welded in the last mot. The 2.5 banana engine is perfect as you'd expect for only 109k. With her known history she is an ideal candidate for restoration and I would love to see her go to and enthusiast / good home, also ideal for camper or day van conversion and waiting for the right person to come along which is why I'm posting on here! I'm asking £750 but I will accept sensible offers for her as she is 20 years old As mentioned the van is stored in a yard so please arrange viewing with me for weekday working hours Monday- Fridays only, no weekends. many thanks for taking the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sherbet Dab

Return to Transits For Sale