Transitmania 11 @Santa Pod 17th to 19th May 2019

1999 Smiley Transit with Banana engine.

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

1999 Smiley Transit with Banana engine.

Postby Ron Morris » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Due to being stood outside in Scotland my Transit may have come to the end of its life, I parked it up after failing its M.O.T. A new windscreen was fitted the day before, but due to an unseen hole in the roof gutter and wooden panels in the back over a period of time the rear floor was rotting away. The old girl was a great van so I wasn't going to let her sit, I purchased the rear floor panel plus a few other parts including the paint to respray her in Diamond White, After cutting out the rear floor I was stopped in my tracks by a heart attack, Since that day she's been rotting away in the Scottish weather.
This van was a perfect runner before the M.O.T. failer, except for a lazy starter motor which I kept on the van by running two batteries for another purpose, The engine was renewed at 86,000 miles so with 190,000 miles on the clock now, this engine as done 104,000 miles, The gearbox, back axle, and suspension are all good, To most she is only any good for breaking but to the odd few she could run again, Unfortunately I've not got the time or room to break the van so need it gone in one piece.
Please message me if you're interested. .....All the best Ron.
Ron Morris

Return to Transits For Sale