Transitmania 11 @Santa Pod 17th to 19th May 2019

MK5 Transit Fire Van

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

MK5 Transit Fire Van

Postby dieselhead123 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Might be of interest to one of you lot.

A chap local to us deals in 'retired' fire vehicles and has a Mk5 SWB semi hight roof van available.

Here is a bit about the van.

Purchased new by the Fire Service as a Fire Investigation Vehicle, then kitted out to the specification requested by the Officer who would be using it, the van remained in service for 12 years with the Officer being the only driver.
When the Officer retired, the van was given to him but is now available for sale.

The van is a SWB with a semi high roof, TWIN side loading doors and a tailgate. The van has a bulkhead behind the cab with a sliding glass 'window'. The two side doors have 'factory' windows fitted, behind the bulkhead there are fold down seats and a fold down table where paperwork and interviews were completed. The rear of the vehicle has a diesel heater and a 240v inverter.

Bodywork is in very good condition with just a small hole in the driver's step panel and a little bit of work required to the passenger under side loading door sill.

This van is an 85ps turbo model with an automatic gearbox, it has traction control, ABS and central locking. Specification of the van can be checked with ETIS using the reg in the picture.

As with all emergancy service vehicles, it has been maintained thoroughly while in service, (extensive service history is available and will go with the vehicle), it should make someone a very good day van or small camper.

The van is located in Medway towns, please contact me via PM and I will pass on the owner's details or arrange for you to view. Happy to pass on further details/additional pictures for any that are genuinely interested.

I would like to see this van go to an enthusiast and have suggested a selling price of £1000.
Given the exceptionally solid condition of the van and the high specification, I believe the asking price to be fair and am willing to assist the eventual buyer wherever possible. Onward transport can be arranged.

TIM

PS Blues and Twos will be removed prior to sale.
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: MK5 Transit Fire Van

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:50 pm

I wouldn't mind this... but have too many now!
95 M Ford Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
96 N 120 Turbo'd DI SWB Low
96 P 150 TD (100PS EPIC) LWB Hi-Top

Lucas laser 2000 & IDS onwner

Gaffa tape is like the force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Thmreev » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi Tim I’m in Ramsgate and would be interested in buying this vehicle.

I tried to private message you but couldn’t find where to?!

Is it still available?

Cheers Thomas
Thmreev

Postby Altransit » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Thmreev wrote:Hi Tim I’m in Ramsgate and would be interested in buying this vehicle.

I tried to private message you but couldn’t find where to?!

Is it still available?

Cheers Thomas

You can't PM anyone (due to being a new member), I would try a phone call, as there's a number in Tim's signature :)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby MinorMatt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 am

I messaged Tim as I decided I am interested.

He is going to post more pictures later
95 M Ford Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
96 N 120 Turbo'd DI SWB Low
96 P 150 TD (100PS EPIC) LWB Hi-Top

Lucas laser 2000 & IDS onwner

Gaffa tape is like the force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Thmreev » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks Altransit, I have text.
Thmreev

Postby dieselhead123 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Some more pictures for those that are interested, some are poor quality.

O/S rear quarter panel has some slight damage, looks like there may have been a previous repair to that area.

N/S rear arch is showing some slight bubbling

N/S front arch at the lower end where it meets the door step sill, paint missing and small repair required to make good

Flood lamp fitted to the roof, this will remain in place

O/S side loading door fitted with factory sliding window. A security grill is fitted to the inside of the door

Tailgate rear door with non window upper panel. This has a couple of small bubbles showing on the lower edge

By far the worst part of the van is the rear end of the N/S under side loading door sill where it meets the rear wheel arch This will require a short part of the under side loading door sill replacing.

N/S of the van, side loading door has a factory sliding window and an internally mounted security grille

Front view, remember the owner will be removing the blue lamps

O/S front door step area will require some work, likely repairs to the outer and inner sill with a small repair required to the step

O/S front wheel arch has some missing paint and will require a small repair to make good

Clocks showing slightly over 90k, backed up with Fire Service history

I have been as critical as possible regarding the van so as to ensure that any who view it will be fully aware of the bodywork defects.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transits For Sale