Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020

Mk6 Tourneo 2.0 TDCi GLX 2005 Failed MoT

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Mk6 Tourneo 2.0 TDCi GLX 2005 Failed MoT

Postby Motovan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:01 am

Hi there,
I have a 8 seater 2005 Tourneo GLX which is on French plates (right hand drive, originally on a UK '55 plate) as I have a house in France (but now mainly live in UK).

It failed its Controle Technique (French MoT) this week due to rust underneath (the bits you see are pretty straight and in pretty good condition) and a coupe minor points (surface rust on 2 brake pipes and fog light bulb).

I wasn't expecting it to fail so a bit unsure of what to do next as I live in the UK and dont have time to fix myself in France and not worth paying a garage to weld up for me in France as pretty expensive over here. I dont have anywhere really to keep it in the UK either as in the process of moving house.

So I'm thining maybe better to bring it back to UK and sell it as selling things in France can be a nightmare.

Bad Points

Generally a bit rusty underneath with a few areas in usual points that need welding fo MoT.
Goes into limp mode / stalls occasionally when under load going up hill in 4th gear with more than half throttle for example (need to turn off ignition and restart) seems to be a common (ish) fault with the Mk6 2.0 tdci
Its in France at the moment - but I can bring it back over as here this week and can also come back over and get it over the next few weeks.
French registered - but straight forward to change back if wanted to get back on the road in UK.

Good Points
126k miles
Serviced & maintained regularly
Owned since 74k miles and most mileage done on motorways as worked in Switzerland & Austria quite a bit (it currently has the yearly Swiss Vignette motoway passes in windscreen which was fitted a few 1000 miles ago due to stone chip - I took pictures of the older passes form the chipped windscreen that was taken out.)
Had Injectors reconditioned and recoded recently (in response to the cutting out - didnt make much difference).
New clutch, front disks and pads, rear shocks & bump stops & rear wheel cylinders last year - probably less han 1000miles since then.
Retrofit Cruise Control - great in France and also good for average speed cameras in UK.
Tow bar - used for motorbike trailer.
GLX model - so twin sliding doors, 2 captain front seats, electric windows, mirrors, heated seats, heated windscreen, nice trim etc.
Weight rated alloy wheels (Calibre Tour) and good tyres (Have original alloys also).
I have fitted a 2014 quick release middle bench seat instead of standard bolted in version (and have the seat cover and head rests for the 2014 rear bench seat also but no frame). Have both original seats also.
New battery this week (bought as original from new battery not charging - then it failed CT ! .... D'oh!)
Recent rear exhaust section.

On failing a French CT you have 2 months given to be able to drive it, to allow you to get it fixed, so it can be used legally until that expires.

Open to sensible offers and variations of with / without quick release seats, alloys, cruise control etc.

Thanks.

Tourneo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Motovan
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Mk6 Tourneo 2.0 TDCi GLX 2005 Failed MoT

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm

It might help the sale if you said where in the UK people could see/collect it from ?
and you got any more pictures of the van ?
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Motovan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:32 am

Bournemouth area.

More pics...

The rust at the rear is similar on both sides and the inner wing rust is mainly on the O/S as is the front wheel arch rust. The chassis number has had an additional stamping carried by Ford at the top left side of the engine bay. This is accompanied by a Certificate from Ford having done so. This was due to surface rust making the original one on the inner wing difficult to read. The other chassis number markings behind the windscreen and on the door shut remain unchanged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Motovan
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby BigMonty » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Have we a price in mind?
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
BigMonty
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transits For Sale