Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020

Ex-Ambulance for sale 2007

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Ex-Ambulance for sale 2007

Postby TheLampy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:58 pm

36620130266_3b6d144685_o.jpg
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie but looking to sell my 2007 Ambulance. It was manufactured in 2008. I bought it in 2017 in full livery with working blues and twos from a driver training school in Bolton. They bought it from the ambulance service in 2015. I bought it for my wife to use for her sports massage business as you can stand upright in the back. She used it once or twice a week and as we recently moved, its now no longer needed.

Its a 2.4 tdci 6 speed manual the mileage reading is 50,600 but the dash was replaced when it was in service so the mileage is around 150-200k. There is no service history but it has been well looked after as you would expect for an ambulance. I replaced the two engine batteries last year and fitted an isolator as it wasn’t getting much use.

All lights and sockets in the back work as does the heater. The inverter had been removed when I got it but it can be plugged into the mains. There is a battery management system under the passenger seat which charges all the batteries on board. I removed the tail lift as it was rubbing on the back doors and was really heavy.
I had to strip all the graphics and prep it for paint. The best quote I got was £5000 due to all the doors and side lockers. I went to HMG paints in Manchester and got the undercoat and coach paint they advised. I painted it by hand and its a decent job. The paint is really hardwearing too.

I’ve recently done 3 trips to Norfolk and back while moving house and its been great. It’ll cruise at 60 all day long. It drives really well and is comfortable on long distances. It would make a great camper conversion, race van, mobile tattooing etc etc.

Its still registered as an ambulance but getting it reclassed as a 3.5t van should be do-able as the tail lift is gone. I have changed the colour on the logbook too

I’ve had this on facebook marketplace and everyone seems to be obsessed with mileage and service history. It also makes me wonder about the future of humanity! I’m hoping that by advertising here people will know about these vehicles and the engine etc and know that there are plenty of miles left in it yet.

I’m looking for £4250.00 ono. I’m open to offers and advice but please keep it civil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheLampy

Re: Ex-Ambulance for sale 2007

Postby captain hook » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi,a loverly example but,sadly there is an abundance of 2011 plate ambulances at auction for around £1800-2200 plus vat.
Granted they are Sprinters but that shows where the NHS has gone with their fleet!
Good luck with your sale...
captain hook
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby TheLampy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Now sold to a good home. Thanks
TheLampy

Postby bortaf » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:10 am

Indeed it has mate cheers :mrgreen:
bortaf