****NOW BOOKED FOR 2022**** Transitmania 13 @Santa Pod 20th 22nd May 2022 ****ALL DETAILS HERE****

Mk5 Smiley for sale (sob)

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Mk5 Smiley for sale (sob)

Postby MK5meUpBaby » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:53 pm

It`s finally time to sell my beloved classic Ford Transit MK5 Smiley after ten years of ownership. These great old vans are well known for their super strong engines (often called "The Bannana"because of the exhaust header shape) and great, simple to repair mechanics. Unfortunately they are also known for rust and this one does have its` fair share! I know I`m already talking to the converted but just in case younger members dont know em!

Tech stuff and specs--->

152907 miles at the time of listing (engine has just about run in now!)
MOT until 10th August 2021
10 years in my ownership + V5 in my name
New Lucas alternator just fitted
12,000 miles old clutch
High quality Bosch battery
3 keys
Ply lined rear and ply bulkhead fitted.
2 x spare wheels.

Starts first time every time. No daft electric windows or central locking to worry about and everything works. Drives absolutely fine.

Will need welding for MOT and many of the required areas are now marked up so you can see what will need doing.

Hate to sell her but I now need something faster for the next couple of years due to moving two houses half way across the country and don`t have time to get the welding done.
Come and take a look. Test drive (with me in the van) fine as long as you have proof of insurance or I can take you for a spin.

Van is in Bristol and is fine to drive home should you wish. I`d have no worries about driving her 100`s of miles with no fear of breakdown!

Need more photos? Please give me a call and I can send more to your email address.

Call me 01179856198 if you have questions and please NO TEXTS (it`s a landline and it does have an answer machine on if you don`t get an answer, wait for it and leave a message.

£1600 - Sensible offers may be considered. I`d rather sell to somone who really knows how good these old vans are and why they are worth saving than a local muppet that will just abuse it and throw it away.....

DSCN7100.JPG
DSCN7101.JPG
DSCN7103.JPG
DSCN7109.JPG
DSCN7102.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MK5meUpBaby

Re: Mk5 Smiley for sale (sob)

Postby MK5meUpBaby » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:08 pm

Price drop to £1400 or nearest offer- cheers folks!
MK5meUpBaby

Postby chrisandmark » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi,still for sale?
chrisandmark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MK5meUpBaby » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:17 pm

chrisandmark wrote:Hi,still for sale?

Yup - shes still for sale. Give me a call on 01179856198.

Cheers,Alan
MK5meUpBaby

Postby chrisandmark » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:42 pm

Hi Alan,how much will it cost to do welding,it would be garage as I'm not a welder?thanks mark.
chrisandmark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MK5meUpBaby » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:28 pm

chrisandmark wrote:Hi Alan,how much will it cost to do welding,it would be garage as I'm not a welder?thanks mark.

I`m no welder myself Mark but the last time I had welding done locally it cost £160 for 7 plates. The price will obviously depend on who you go to and so I wouldn`t be able to put a hard price on anything. Have a chat to your local welder. It does need quite a bit of welding but things like the wheelarches could just easily be filled if you are on a tight budget.

If you have any more questions it would be better by phone if possible mate.
MK5meUpBaby

Postby chrisandmark » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:23 pm

My car got written off today so no transport,should be getting courtesy car in next few days,could come down to see van,in the meantime is it possible for some pics of welding that's needs doing. So I know exactly what's what,costs etc,I'm in Birmingham, I'll try and call you tomorrow at some point,busy with insurance company at moment .dont worry I'm not a messer.ill be straight up with you.cheers mark.
chrisandmark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MK5meUpBaby » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:36 am

chrisandmark wrote:My car got written off today so no transport,should be getting courtesy car in next few days,could come down to see van,in the meantime is it possible for some pics of welding that's needs doing. So I know exactly what's what,costs etc,I'm in Birmingham, I'll try and call you tomorrow at some point,busy with insurance company at moment .dont worry I'm not a messer.ill be straight up with you.cheers mark.

See PM
MK5meUpBaby

Postby Stufromwales » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Hi Alan is she still for sale? On the hunt for a good swb mk5!!

Cheers

Stu
Stufromwales

Return to Transits For Sale