*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

i want to swop my nissan terrano 4x4 for a transit

Need a Tranny! Post Here!

Moderator: Luke

i want to swop my nissan terrano 4x4 for a transit

Postby popuptoaster » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:55 pm

dont get too excited, its a '91 import with a dodgy auto box, worth about £1200 -£1500 in working order so i value it about £500, its not mint but it does have the lovely Nissan 2.3 TD engine in it and its a good non smoky runner, has air con, leccy windows, altimeter & tilt gauges etc as its a high spec one.

i'll be honest and say i havent even had the box checked out to see whats wrong yet as i dont have the cash, but basically if you leave the truck sitting for an hour and then start it, it will move a few feet under its own power and then loses its drive.

4x4 scrappy in basildon said he wanted £300 for a 'box if my one is terminal, but i dont love the truck enough to make the effort to get under there and fix it, mechanically its almost identical to the slightly later officially imported terrano 2 and mavericks, and there was pickup truck version of mine as well thats identical under the skin.

if i gotta fix something up i'd rather be fixing a transit, but the nissan might do someone a turn, when it was up and running it was a very handy tool, has good all terain tyres on it and is in pretty good nick for its age.

popuptoaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 pm

do i recognise that street :? :? :lol:
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Postby AndyG » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:03 pm

How about checking the oil level in the transmission :?: :idea:

What colour is the ATF/oil :?:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby popuptoaster » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:16 pm

far as i remember the fluid was more red than brown, fluid level was low but its not leaked from anywhere i could see on the day it happened, i bought some and topped it up and it made no difference, box always slightly slurred its changes since i had it but never seemed to get any worse till the day it dropped down out of its locked out overdrive top as i went down a slip road and it had no drive in any of the other gears.

truck has sport, normal and hold settings for the gearbox and it switched between them ok so i dont think its electrical, could be it needs cleaning out or the bands are buggered, i dunno.

that pic was taken in brentwood in essex so if thats where your thinkin of then maybe you do recognise it! lol
popuptoaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:21 pm

:lol: no mate just looks similar to a road near me :roll:
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Postby popuptoaster » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:44 am

any transit considered as a swop although im really after a mk3 or 4 swb low top van, dont need an engine as i have a big V8 to throw in it. and im gonna redo all the interior so seats and trim not important either.
popuptoaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:34 pm

popuptoaster wrote: as i have a big V8 to throw in it.
8) :twisted: 8) somebody............... GET THIS MAN A TRANSIT :lol:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby weldmatt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 pm

i got a transit (surplus to requirement now ).... but i fear we are just too far apart

matt
weldmatt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby popuptoaster » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:24 am

bugger, cant justify the deisel costs for the transporter to scotland. :(
popuptoaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transits Wanted