Clear out your shed! Advertise your parts here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Mk3 Panels

Postby 24vMk2 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:43 pm

Found some MK3 bits in my garage.

Rear Wheel arch repair panels £20 pair + p+p
Front crossmember cover panel £15 + p+p

Do the both together for £30 + p+p

Also have the plastic panel under the windscreen, ummm, offers on that!
24vMk2
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Cross member/Help

Postby Jo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:41 pm

Hi, I am interested in the front cross member cover you are selling. Although it's for a MK3 would it fit a MK2? I have been told that the early MK3's were straight and would fit but I have not had this confirmed. Apparently the later Mk3 was a more prominent version. Please let me know. I am actually looking for a complete front beam (Mk2) if you know anywhere I could get one to save my welder fabricating would be greatly appreciated. Also need offside headlamp backing panel. Thanks Jo.
Jo

Re: Cross member/Help

Postby 24vMk2 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:56 pm

Jo wrote:Hi, I am interested in the front cross member cover you are selling. Although it's for a MK3 would it fit a MK2?

I am actually looking for a complete front beam (Mk2) if you know anywhere I could get one to save my welder fabricating would be greatly appreciated. Also need offside headlamp backing panel. Thanks Jo.

Hi Jo,

No sorry, the panel will not fit a Mk2, I know, because I got the panel for my Mk2! If it's just the front of the crossmember on the Mk2 you need, they are very easy to make yourself, out of sheet steel, thats what I did to mine.

Your looking for a front beam? are you talking about the crossmeber (Bit behind the bumper) or, the front suspension beam?, as for the headlamp panel, I will have to check, I may be albe to get you one off a scraper that I know to, if that helps. :)
24vMk2
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi thanks for your reply. This website has been a lifesaver. I think I now have the parts I'm looking for thanks to this site. As you say the front cover can be made by my welder with not too many problems. He got me to order a MK3 front nearside spring hanger (£42 incld vat) from a dealer and said he will make it fit by modifying it, but I'm not convinced. Do you think this is possible? I hadn't discoverd this site then! both sides are going to be different which doesn't look good when I come to sell it.

Anyway thanks for your help

Jo
Jo

Postby 24vMk2 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Sold the rear arch panels to Transitwalla :D

Nice to meet you mate!
24vMk2
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:37 pm

Jo wrote:Hi thanks for your reply. This website has been a lifesaver. I think I now have the parts I'm looking for thanks to this site. As you say the front cover can be made by my welder with not too many problems. He got me to order a MK3 front nearside spring hanger (£42 incld vat) from a dealer and said he will make it fit by modifying it, but I'm not convinced. Do you think this is possible? I hadn't discoverd this site then! both sides are going to be different which doesn't look good when I come to sell it.

Anyway thanks for your help

Jo

Yes it will be made to fit, we have already got 2 on different vans and are about to fit the third.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby Transitwalla » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:42 pm

24vMk2 wrote:Sold the rear arch panels to Transitwalla :D

Nice to meet you mate!

You too, dude . . yer a cool fella with a wicked sense of humour ..... :D
Imagination....our only limit....
there's no such thing as a daft question.

Jim.
Transitwalla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jonny1eye » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:52 pm

plastic trim under window HOW MUCH with DELIVERY?
jonny1eye
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Parts For Sale