*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Breaking 02 Reg Tranny, T280, 2.0l Duratorq, SWB,LR, 143,000

Clear out your shed! Advertise your parts here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Breaking 02 Reg Tranny, T280, 2.0l Duratorq, SWB,LR, 143,000

Postby kubio » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 am

Hi felas,

I'll start breaking my tranny very soon, due to lack of interest buying it as a whole. Last 12 hrs left on eBay and no many bidders are around, so I decided to sell it piece by flipin' piece instead of giving it away for less than 500 quid to the breakers.
About the Van then:
Ford Transit T280, SWB Low Roof, 2.0l Duratorq TurboDiesel, 75 PS.
`02 Registration, done just over 143,000 miles.
The van is in good order. Gear box was changed 6-7 months ago, plus new clutch set, battery, starter, etc. Many new part in the van. Plenty of life in the tires too. The body work is not in perfect condition though, but is fearly good for 8 year old van. Some rust here and there.
The Fault is the Fuel Injection Pump. I was asking for the error codes reading in other topic here, will post link later.
Got quoted 1,150.00 for reconditioned pump, fitted and coded with 6 month warranty from a proper garage. No way to pay these money so decided to buy another van. The cheapest inj. pump that found from breakers was around 300 with 2 months warranty, but steel needs to be fitted and coded to the vehicle.
Most of the parts will be Pick Up Only. I'm located at Long Eaton, Derbyshire, NG10 3. For some big parts help will be needed, e.g. engine and gearbox. Even better if you come and take the part yourself. Will put most of the parts on eBay too, as soon as they taken of the van so hurry...
Obviously will start with the engine compartment first to keep the rest of the van dry. So under bonnet parts for sale first. The body part will have to wait a bit.
The perfect scenario will be if someone want to buy the whole van in one piece. Is still repairable and is shame to kill it. Around 5 months TAX and 5-6 months MOT still left, so can be fixed and driven within a week really.
I'm open for any sensible offers. The van has to go, one way or another.
Thanks for reading all this. :D
Cheers

P.S. Here are the error codes and their meaning: http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70922
kubio
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Breaking 02 Reg Tranny, T280, 2.0l Duratorq, SWB,LR, 143

Postby thestig1977 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:53 pm

hi mate,need the gearbox please mine just gone on my tranny ,how much you want for it.thanks kiley give me a ring 07880845414
thestig1977

Return to Transit Parts For Sale