*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

knocking noise in engine

Clear out your shed! Advertise your parts here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

knocking noise in engine

Postby dragtat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:00 pm

i have a 56 plate transit 85 t280s fwd, owned it for 14 month, icheck the oil every fortnight and its never moved, a week after checking oil the van just cut out going down the road i had only travelled about 4 mile.
i pulled over waited a few mins and the van started but it had developped a knocking noise?? i drove the van back home gingerly, i got the van booked into a garage and they tell me that the engine is knackerd they said there was little oil in it ?? and it needs a new engine, is it possible that a injector has gone or the cam tensioner.( been told by others)
There is no sign of a oil leak any where on the engine and no oil on my drive , where has it gone!! the van starts and runs but knockson tickover and when you drive it the knocking gets faster. any ideas thanks

mark
dragtat
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: knocking noise in engine

Postby b1jc » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Hate to state the obvious, but you're more likely to get a reply if you ask nicely for a mod to move this to the correct section.
Unless you've decided to sell the van in which case, carry on as you were......
b1jc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: knocking noise in engine

Postby dragtat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 pm

doh sorry didnt realise id put in the advert section never done this before
dragtat
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Parts For Sale