*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Never stayed at billing before.

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Never stayed at billing before.

Postby john leeman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 pm

First time I have wanted to stay overnight @ Billing on Sat 24 th. As I understand Entry & overnight camping,(kipping in the van) for 1 night leaving sunday is £15 00p is that right. Do I have to book this, & use the discount codes, or can I pay at the gate for the same price ?. My van is sign written, does that bar Me from entry. Also My good wife Debbie has recently had a knee operation so could We park near the show area She cannot walk a long way. Don't need electric. Many thanks.
35 years of driving,repairing,sleeping in transit's lovin every minute.
john leeman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Never stayed at billing before.

Postby mealic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Read the Transitmania posts JL.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby acarpen9 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Hello John!

You stopped me in the street a couple weeks ago outside your place in my Tourneo, offering me some mk5 bits and pieces :)
I'm going, went in 2011 but missed last years. Not sure if will be as a day visitor or stopping over yet, will be travelling in from North Wales on way back from holiday.

You will be fine going in your liveried van, there's a big mix of proper commercial vans, flatbeds etc. None have any issues.

Hope to see you there!!
If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine the Cantonese will eat it
acarpen9
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby acarpen9 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am

Also... The show area is one huge field, you can park and camp wherever you like, last time I went folk where organised in a couple of lines, with others scattered throughout the site which is huge. If you have mobility issues then I'd suggest pitching near the toilet and shower block on the side of the field though

Booking before you leave is the cheapest and best option, it's pretty busy at the gatehouse, especially on an Bank Hol weekend.
If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine the Cantonese will eat it
acarpen9
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transitmania