*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Prius 2

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Prius 2

Postby loot » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Here's a weird 1.
I replaced the clutch master on snowflake yesterday because it had a load of play in it.
All is well and the clutch has no play.

Now, when I drove home last night it would not Rev over 3k which I put down to the switch not working correctly off the pedal tab so I adjusted it a little so that when the pedal is up the switch is in fully.

That got rid of the 3k limiter, but the esp warning came on just before I got home (2 miles all in all)
I got home and cycled the key and esp was gone and I thought nothing of it.

On the way to work today I move off normally and speed up but after about 3 seconds the van starts to struggle and slows down, I touch the clutch or brake momentarily and it picks up again, a few seconds later it does it again so I'm playing the hokie cokie now til I get to work, no warning lights, the same happens on the way home :roll:
So I've checked the reluctor on the front o/s since I replaced the pads/disk and bearing wknd(no issue at all until I changed the clutch master) Everything is in order.
The brakes weren't hot from it locking on etc.
I'm going to recalibrate the steering sensor and look for codes but I'm a bit baffled tbh :?

I'm hoping that the clutch switch isn't a pot and it is just a single throw switch which I'm sure it is.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Prius 2

Postby paul2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Sounds like clutch switch :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services


SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
User avatar
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7445
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Nr Wretton, Norfolk

Re: Prius 2

Postby loot » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 pm

I thought of that but if I engage it then the van is limited to 3k as it should be. :-(
I'm sure I've had 1 apart and it's just a switch.

I'll have to investigate I think but the only difference is that the pedal doesn't go down as much as before with my foot resting on it, bit I've not done that since this has happened so what gives??

Confused. Com Lol
Also if the pedal was always faulty it would have come up in ids.
:wink:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Prius 2

Postby g-man » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:43 pm

not wanting to hijack but going down to weald on sat i had that ........get to about 3k and nothing.........trouble was it happened while running the strip which fcuked my runs up......could this be the clutch pedal switch on mine....never heard of a problem on connects b4.......how would u test it?.........its got to go in to sort the abs pump so i'll get them to see,just wanted to go in armed..........just one more thing,1st time it did it i was giving it some in 2nd....it seemed to hit a limiter then it sort of backfired :shock: .......is this possible?
User avatar
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: Matlock.....ish

Re: Prius 2

Postby paul2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:01 pm

An easy way to test clutch switch while stationary.

In neutral foot on clutch, engine should not rev past 3000rpm
While still in neutral foot off clutch, engine will rev past 3000rpm :wink:

G-man. Connects have clutch switches too - Red coloured switch on 2003-2006 connects & Black coloured on 2006-2013.
I've never tested it on an early Connects. I do know that 2009-2013 models, it's the same as Transit mk7's

When using IDS. You can check operation of clutch switch via live data - it's a simple on/off :D
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services


SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
User avatar
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7445
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Nr Wretton, Norfolk

Re: Prius 2

Postby loot » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:30 pm

I bent the tab up a little and it drive fine back to work.
I'm convinced that it was the abs pump squeezing the brakes before because the van was slowing down rapidly.

As I understand it the clutch switch is there.
1. Stop you over revving the engine in neutral or unloaded (clutch down)
2. Deactivate cruise.
3. Hill start assist.

The problem I've experienced was inconsistent and against the switches function, so I have been confused :?

I don't know if that helps you gman tho tbh:-(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Prius 2

Postby g-man » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:35 pm

revs past 3k easy both on and off clutch.........problem is when under load
User avatar
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: Matlock.....ish

Re: Prius 2

Postby loot » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Be something else I think then :-(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Prius 2

Postby loot » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Right I'm still getting the brakes on :?
No esp light but at work i calibrated the steering angle sensor (flat ground straight ahead) i reset the pressure offset, i calibrated the longitudinal sensor and no codes etc.
Drive home fine, put live data on and all wheel sensors showing the same speed etc so that's all good.
Get home and the esp light was on so i did a code check and.Image
What a carry on :roll:
I noticed my bypass relay not clicking with the brakes so i removed the fuse then held the pedal down and checked the brake lights and they were OK.

So I've cleared codes again and logged off ids.
Will check tomorrow to see if it has fixed it but i really don't know if faulty brake lights would cause the van to brake :shock:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Prius 2

Postby karl » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:20 pm

form past experience on a landrover 2008 will automatically will lock brakes if steering angle alignment is wrong

but this is a ford so who knows lol
User avatar
karl
Tranny Lover!!!
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: manchester

Re: Prius 2

Postby Guy88 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:20 pm

clutch switch is not recognised once the van is moving, mine was just hanging under the dash on my 56 plater
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
User avatar
Guy88
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 17042
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Banbury, oxon


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.