*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Toilet and possibly shower

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Toilet and possibly shower

Postby Grahamec » Sat May 12, 2018 11:48 pm

I recently spoke to a couple on a caravan site who had a swb hr transit with wc and shower it had been a custom conversion a few years ago.
I am about to start my swb mr van conversion and wonder if anyone has any layout ideas to include wc and shower, or point me in the right direction to view some.
TIA
Grahame
Grahamec
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Toilet and possibly shower

Postby maushawk » Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 pm

This guy's conversion is a Landrover not a Transit, so has to be even more economical with the space, but totally genius. Toilet is stored under one of the seats, the back of the seat and sides of walls are waterproof panels. The whole seat slides forward to open the bathroom cubicle and the shower curtain folds down and pops into studs along the edges to seal it.
https://youtu.be/9LS3BBdvnw8?t=151
maushawk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Grahamec » Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Very clever use of space, slide outs, slide ups the lot :)
Bit of a faff if you need to go to the loo enroute though :D
Grahamec
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby appyarry » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:29 pm

I've got a MK 6 And the shower and toilet is behind the Driver seat. It is great, especially when I need a pee in the middle of the night - no wandering about strange lands or campsites. The cassette is simple to empty and maintain.
appyarry
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Grahamec » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm

appyarry wrote:I've got a MK 6 And the shower and toilet is behind the Driver seat. It is great, especially when I need a pee in the middle of the night - no wandering about strange lands or campsites. The cassette is simple to empty and maintain.

appyarry
Is your van a swb ?
Rgds
G
Grahamec
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby axam102 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Seen a few people use solar camp showers, obviously depends on the time of year that you are out. the best space save by far was one slung on the roof and the rear doors open with a tarp held on with iridium magnets covering the rear like a shower curtain. pretty clever IMO
axam102
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions