*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Canceled order

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Canceled order

Postby Veki007 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 am

Hi guys i just had a funny call with ford.I had call them to see what is happening with my order as buid date was end of May but instead hearing that is was buit or soon to be their response was we have been meaning to call you to let you know your order has been canceled due unforseen circumstances they did not wanted to explain and they said new order needs to be placed so i just said im not gonna wait antoher 4-5 month i just asked for my deposit to be refunded which they tried to refuse but after 45min on a call they agreed.Has anyone experienced something like this?I have to admit i was seriously disappointed as they let me wait for nearly 3 month i could have ordered from different dealership.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Canceled order

Postby blue estate » Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 am

Sounds like salesman a or dealer admin fooked up and they didn’t have the balls to admit it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Altransit » Tue May 29, 2018 10:48 am

It does sound very odd, and I can't think why they thought they could hang on to your deposit, given that they have failed on their part of the contract :?

Having dealt with a few dealers in the past, I can't say that I'm shocked :roll:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Veki007 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:57 am

Altransit wrote:It does sound very odd, and I can't think why they thought they could hang on to your deposit, given that they have failed on their part of the contract :?

Having dealt with a few dealers in the past, I can't say that I'm shocked :roll:
It was a £500 deposit they asked that when i was buying first and now on second van as well is to make sure i do not cancel my order and on the delivery i would top up rest of deposit ,but they wanted to keep it as by their words is insurance that i do not cancel and if i do i loose that so they said they will keep that money as order is being canceled but i told them that it wasn't me cancelling but them i just didn't want to place another order on what he tried to complain and then he wanted me to talk to menanger on the end they will rerurn money but such a disappointing day

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Veki007 wrote:Hi guys i just had a funny call with ford.I had call them to see what is happening with my order as buid date was end of May but instead hearing that is was buit or soon to be their response was we have been meaning to call you to let you know your order has been canceled due unforseen circumstances they did not wanted to explain and they said new order needs to be placed so i just said im not gonna wait antoher 4-5 month i just asked for my deposit to be refunded which they tried to refuse but after 45min on a call they agreed.Has anyone experienced something like this?I have to admit i was seriously disappointed as they let me wait for nearly 3 month i could have ordered from different dealership.

Seems you cant "trust ford" !
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Brains_transit » Tue May 29, 2018 4:54 pm

I wonder if the dealer sold your van for more money to someone else as I can't see a dealer losing money or maybe that's why they wanted the deposit
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby V184 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Brains_transit wrote:I wonder if the dealer sold your van for more money to someone else as I can't see a dealer losing money or maybe that's why they wanted the deposit

i doubt they would have the intelligence to pull a stunt like that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Veki007 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Brains_transit wrote:I wonder if the dealer sold your van for more money to someone else as I can't see a dealer losing money or maybe that's why they wanted the deposit
It could be i do not know except one thing they did not wanted to give proper exploration but they were worried about my deposit!!!

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby moley551 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Give Low Cost Vans a call, they have vans in stock or they can chsnge an existing order to your spec van, it may be quicker than waiting.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:14 pm

moley551 wrote:Give Low Cost Vans a call, they have vans in stock or they can chsnge an existing order to your spec van, it may be quicker than waiting.

They might even have the van he laid down the deposit on :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed May 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Tis the supreme beings will
Things go wrong so you appreciate it when things go right
All is good
Perfect
Salutations
Farther allcock
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Veki007 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 pm

I will have to give them a call thanks.
moley551 wrote:Give Low Cost Vans a call, they have vans in stock or they can chsnge an existing order to your spec van, it may be quicker than waiting.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stoney891 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Did u order a long wheel base auto? Apparently ford have cancelled all orders for these as there’s an issue with the payload on the autos. Happened to me, switched to a Swb auto and no issues
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Stoney891 wrote:Did u order a long wheel base auto? Apparently ford have cancelled all orders for these as there’s an issue with the payload on the autos. Happened to me, switched to a Swb auto and no issues
No it was a swb sport auto but i think it was dealer who made a mistake and to be honest im now even thinking not to go for a ford as there is always some issues with them ,after sales are rubbish as the customer service is non existent and they do not care.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby barriec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Veki007 wrote:
Stoney891 wrote:Did u order a long wheel base auto? Apparently ford have cancelled all orders for these as there’s an issue with the payload on the autos. Happened to me, switched to a Swb auto and no issues
No it was a swb sport auto but i think it was dealer who made a mistake and to be honest im now even thinking not to go for a ford as there is always some issues with them ,after sales are rubbish as the customer service is non existent and they do not care.

Amen to that !!
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Transit Custom