*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Glass in barn doors

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Glass in barn doors

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 am

armrest wrote:Thanks is that a sat nav to the right of the mirror

Well its not a German speed camera dectector is it bjt :?: ya ya :mrgreen: :wink: :P
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby armrest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:33 am

Thank you bigjohnthomas, you done a really good job there
armrest

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 am

:lol: bloody German's bloody fritz bloody hun bloody sausage bashers :x
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby armrest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 am

IMG_20180916_111814790.jpg
This is what I found under the sensor cover, not too sure what to do next
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
armrest

Postby Nederbelg » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:47 am

I think the metal bracket is underneath the plastic one on your windscreen. If you'l press the disangagement button (bottom side), you should be able to slide the plastic peace upwards (whith force).

armrest wrote:Thank you for the photos Nederbelg, that explains how it all works, I am going to take the sensor cover off today to see if the metal bracket is a already fitted underneath, very unlikely I think, where did you get the parts from, I am not having any luck with searching on Google, is the metal bracket fixed to the windscreen with epoxy

I didn't order those parts, they where in my Custom already. I swapped the factory mirror whith a mirror /camera screen one.
The metal bracket (which obviously was in my van already) was also part of the rear view camera screen set. I couldn't find the link for such a bracket again, but a year ago, i've seen them on Ebay. As i'am Dutch, i don't know the right search term for such a bracket. I've seen sets where a silicon based glue was used. Epoxy gets weaker whith higher temperatures, so i can imagine the mirror falling of in Summer.

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby armrest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Thank you Nederbelg, you were spot on, I pushed upwards and it came off easy enough, it was only there to support the cover, so I don't have to worry about sticking the metal bracket to the windscreen, all I need is the plastic 2 piece cover , I found this on Ebay and it looks like it's the right one, I will get in touch with the seller and see if he has the other half
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford ... 1438.l2649
armrest

Postby armrest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 pm

That is the wrong rain sensor cover sorry, I can't seem to edit the post
armrest

Postby wild camper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 am

Hello
My black cover is similar, but not exactly the same as the ones in Nederbelg’s photos
Mine seems to be in 2 pieces with the split mainly horizontal
How much force is required to remove it?
Is it secured by any unseen fasteners?
I’ve used plastic trim removal tools and it doesn’t seem to want to budge without cracking it
Also thanks to Nederbelg for the part number 014276 A080414, a google search shows a few at breakers yards
Ford seem to use them common to several vehicles, MONDEO, Focus, Fiesta, I’m sure I should be able to find one from that selection
Any help to safely remove the black cover would be greatly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wild camper » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:43 pm

I “robbed” the interior mirror off a scrapped MONDEO, I had to push a “tab” in all directions with a screwdriver, I’m still not sure how but it clicked, pushed upwards and came away in my hand!
Again thanks to Nedelberg for the part number
And it fits
Thanks to a PM from armrest, he gave me the confidence to give the black “ rain sensor cover “ a really hard tug and it came away without cracking, it’s held on by 5 clips
I fitted the mirror then trimmed the bottom edge of the lower cover, it’s covered by the mirror so the modification isn’t visible, fitted the lower part, then the top part, it looks like it’s always been there, at very little cost
Nedelberg once said he couldn’t find the part number for the “Rear View Mirror Fixing Bracket “
I’m pretty sure it’s 4560785 F7DB-17684-AA eBay item https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272379730133
Although in most instances it won’t be needed because it’s already glued in place
PS I like BJT’s dogs, your pet food bill must be enormous
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm

loot wrote:I have fitted the rear view mirror to mine :-) I bought a fancy lcd 1 for 30 quid off eBay. I already have the rain sensor etc so it was plug and play.

Sorry Loot - are you saying the mirror has the lcd display in it and by plugging it into the mount ( like same on a sport with nav sensor and rain / light sensor in it ) you were able to pick up the rear view camera wiring ?

do you remember the ebay number for it ?
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:08 am

No sorry it is standalone, the van already has sat nav and reverse cameras etc in the centre screen.

The mirror I bought has a wired reverse camera with it. Been a while so I'm not sure if it is android or anything.

The Ford mirror is 600 quid lol.

I doubt if get 1 working anyway with my van :(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Transit Custom