*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Double Passenger Swivel Seat

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Double Passenger Swivel Seat

Postby DIGGER73 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 am

Andy63 wrote:Hi Digger I've also got the ltd edition, what problems did you come across and what's the Headroom like with the raised chair?
Ta Andy

We didn't really run into any problems fitting the seat, a few of the bolts needed adjusting and hammering to allow a smoother action when securing/aligning in place but apart from that, the seat turns and secures into position well now. The heated seat switch need unplugging and plugging back in before and after every move as it can get in the way of the swivelling.

My wife is 5ft 9" and when sitting in the seat, which is raised a bit more than normal, says she can feel her hair brushing the roof lining a little. She's not crouched by any stretch of the imagination.

It certainly now gives us a place where the dog can sleep (secured to the seatbelt!) of a night onstead of joining us on our 3/4 bed!!

Hope this helps.
DIGGER73
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Andy63 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi, thanks for that,
No problem for my wife at 5'4 but I think that the lack of headroom may be a problem for me when I'm the passenger or when I'm carrying others, I think it's back to the drawing board on this one, I'm wondering if a single seat would be any lower, I'll check it out,
Cheers
Andy63

Postby GuyT » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Can anyone offer any 'time experienced' reviews of the swivel base, I need one for a Mk7 but I'm interested in any reviews Mk7 or 8 - not so much the fitting. I know everything takes longer than anticipated.

Naturally I can spend c£250 on all manner of things on the van but I do think a swivel seat would make the SWB day/weekend van far more usable. I saw a video on youtube and the 'turning' process looked a bit more involved than I imagine and while I appreciate its not going to be press a button I just wanted an idea of if 'you' do use it or its 'sort of used as its a PITA to turn'

Any wisdom gratefully received

Cheers
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Wils303 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:47 am

Hi all, I am thinking of installing the double swivel seat on a 2019 Transit custom. I can see that the swivel part raises the seat about 50mm. Can this then be adjusted back to the correct height using the seat height adjuster ?? Does it even have one on passenger or just the driver ? Also some of the videos show that the whole seat becomes very wobbly follow the conversion. Is there anything that can be done ?
Wils303

Postby wild camper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Hello, the customshopdesign double passenger swivel seems to have a monopoly on the market at the moment , so I have no choice but to persue it
I emailed them 5 days ago asking them to email me the fitting instructions BEFORE I buy it
There’s an ominous silence! either they’re too busy to respond to a sales enquiry or they think the instructions will put me off?
Reading this thread about my having to trim bolts is worrying, surely for £279 they could supply additional bolts that fit without modifications
Also the comment about early corrosion is worrying
Anyone had the double swivel fitted for some time who can endorse this product?
I don’t have much choice
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby 4x4 tranny » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Been reading this blog and some others from UK, re seats, seems you guys don't have to have these seat alteration certified??? How do you get on when going for an road worthy (MOT) I think you guys call it? Any seat alterations here (QLD) Australia have be certified. specially swivel.
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Cider Andy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 am

For any of you guys looking for a swivel seat base for a twin Custom passenger seat, there's one for sale oneBay
Drink moderately, eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway.
Cider Andy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bdastu » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 am

Thanks Cider Andy, that's mine that I am selling as I've decided to fit a single passenger seat instead.

Wild Camper if you message me your email address I can send you a copy of the fitting instructions.
bdastu
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Camper vans and conversions