*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Strange gurgling sound

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Strange gurgling sound

Postby SebbeTjörn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 am

Hello,i am owner of MK7 transit since last month,i have problem with cooling system,i bought car with broken thermostat,natural thing that i replace it and than problem begin.. to the point. Car is driving proper correct sound power ,no smoke from exhaust pipe but everytime when i am turning off engine (when its hot) i can hear gurgling sound from coolant reservoir...literally burp burp i open bonnet before turning off last time and its seems like air is coming to reservoir from lower hoose its taking only. 4-5s and stops...No co2 in coolant ,No oil in coolant No mayo under oil cap,coolant level is ok (between min and max when cold a bit over max when hot) no leaks ,heater also works good transit mk7 2.2 TDCi 100bhp 6 speed gearbox+auxillary heater
SebbeTjörn

Re: Strange gurgling sound

Postby Cider Andy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Mine's done exactly the same thing since I bought it 2 years and over 20,000 miles ago. My previous, almost identical, van didn't do it. The only difference between the two is the EGR valve which is of a totally different design between vans. Gurgling van is a 2011, non-gurgling van is 2006.
Drink moderately, eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway.
Cider Andy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby SebbeTjörn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm

You mean gurgling one is equipped with water cooled egr Valve? Bcs i dont know what to do if its ok to drive like that,mine is 100 % water cooled,its my first transit hah...its my first ford ever..i am living in Sweden and here transit is not popular at all...hard to find forum,or any usefull sites,thats why i am asking here bcs i know ( i drive a lot to UK) that transit is popular in UK.
SebbeTjörn

Postby knobby1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 am

SebbeTjörn wrote:You mean gurgling one is equipped with water cooled egr Valve? Bcs i dont know what to do if its ok to drive like that,mine is 100 % water cooled,its my first transit hah...its my first ford ever..i am living in Sweden and here transit is not popular at all...hard to find forum,or any usefull sites,thats why i am asking here bcs i know ( i drive a lot to UK) that transit is popular in UK.

You can fit a non-watercooled EGR valve..... or by-pass the valve all together and just connect the two pipes to each other. My Mk7 140 is a non-cooled one from new..

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Cider Andy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 am

SebbeTjörn wrote:You mean gurgling one is equipped with water cooled egr Valve?

No, both are water cooled, they're just totally different. I only mention it because they're identical otherwise.
Drink moderately, eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway.
Cider Andy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mike10 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Mine (2010 model) sometimes gurgles when it has had a good run, I've never worried about it.
mike10
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby SebbeTjörn » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:43 am

Thx everybody its making me calm down i thought that maybe something is wrong but it seems to be normal.
SebbeTjörn

Return to Technical Problems & Questions