*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Anyone know how to remove the door card

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Anyone know how to remove the door card

Postby Doormedic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:40 pm

As above just got my 19 plate and want to fit my hype lock. Tried to remove the pull handle cover but seems very tight. Does it just pull off or am I missing something
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doormedic
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Anyone know how to remove the door card

Postby dumper » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 pm

When I fitted the hykey lock to my mk8 it came with no instructions I emailed them or phone them and they sent me instructions by email give them a try
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Doormedic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Thanks. I fitted it and removed it from my 64 plate but they have changed the door card.
I
When I can get it off it's easy to fit, dont want to snap this trim
Thanks anyway
Doormedic
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Doormedic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Doormedic wrote:As above just got my 19 plate and want to fit my Hykee lock. Tried to remove the pull handle cover but seems very tight. Does it just pull off or am I missing something
Doormedic
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby AmendmentB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:47 am

Doormedic wrote:As above just got my 19 plate and want to fit my hype lock. Tried to remove the pull handle cover but seems very tight. Does it just pull off or am I missing something

Just got my 19 model sport and want to get the mirrors to auto fold. Have tried doing the relay thing as posted elsewhere on here and in doing so had to remove the door card.
There are several hex screws dotted around the difficult ones are removing the insert behind the pull / unlock handle and getting the big black trim pull handle cover off which is done by looking underneath where you grab it look for the seam where you can insert a plastic tool and prising down, this allows the black cover to be Un clipped revealing two large hex screws.
If you want I can upload a pic?
By the way I followed Loots write up on the auto mirror fold but couldn’t get it working....seems like the 8 pin connector is changed and I couldn’t find an alternative.
AmendmentB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby AmendmentB » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:18 pm

The most difficult part getting the door card off on the 2019 Custom is removing the door handle part. After trying to modify the auto folding mirrors to work with locking/unlocking by the key fob and following the thread by Loot I had to get the door card off to fit the relay switch. Unfortunately it didn’t work so have left it for now however I do now know that you have to release a hidden pull down tab right behind the grab handle, find the seam/join it’s quite a tug to get it to drop down then the black trim can be pulled off to reveal more screws. Hopefully you can see the part in the attached pictures....

35641F59-5946-41C8-A759-BDF28DBEB511.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmendmentB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby seagypsy1407u » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi newbie here first post I watched the guy take the card off when i had updated locks fitted on my 18 plate custom.

If you are going to all the trouble taking the door card off ,fit some silent coat sound proofing my doors now shut with a thud!! and feel like they
are armor plated when you tap the outside.

I also did the back and bulkhead including under the bonnet,makes for a much quieter ride with 20 inch alloys :D
seagypsy1407u
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mic71 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:10 am

seagypsy1407u wrote:Hi newbie here first post I watched the guy take the card off when i had updated locks fitted on my 18 plate custom.

If you are going to all the trouble taking the door card off ,fit some silent coat sound proofing my doors now shut with a thud!! and feel like they
are armor plated when you tap the outside.

I also did the back and bulkhead including under the bonnet,makes for a much quieter ride with 20 inch alloys :D

When you say under bonnet what do you mean?
This is my second 2.0l transit custom and I find it is a berry noisey engine compared to the 2.2 in the older customs.
Would love to block out some of that noise....
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seagypsy1407u » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:48 am

I just removed the existing felt soundproof, you will find lots of strange shapes underneath ,and filled all the holes with silent coat and then replaced the felt.
Now the bonnet shuts with a thud instead of a clonk!!

You will be surprised how very little, sound proof there is in the doors a tiny piece of felt :x .

I think most of the noise comes from the floor, and front wheel arches im going to tackle that in the summer.

Silent coat bought of ebay EAN: 0702795788230

Silent Coat 2mm Damping Mat - 10 Sheets! 187 x 265mm

With military grade construction and highly effective damping, Silent Coat Damping Mat is already the first sound deadening choice of many automotive professionals and car audio competitors.

Silent Coat 2mm Damping Mat uses mass loading to lower panel resonance and absorb structural vibrations. Stop those nasty rattles, eliminate road and outside noise, insulate your vehicle and dramatically improve the sound of your car interior.

Technical advantages:

Self adhesive 2mm butyl based rubber visco elastic polymer active layer
Aluminium constraining layer for maximum noise reduction improves performance
Highly efficient vibration damper
Superior performance to comparable products
Contains 30% more active material than the Dynamic sounding brand leader
Highly efficient performance requires less product
More economical in use compared to competitors

Product features:

Soft and easy to use
No nasty smell unlike inferior bitumen products
Military grade adhesive stays stuck even in extreme temperatures
Non flammable
Professional butyl based compound
Unbeatable cost to performance ratio
seagypsy1407u
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mic71 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:48 pm

seagypsy1407u wrote:I just removed the existing felt soundproof, you will find lots of strange shapes underneath ,and filled all the holes with silent coat and then replaced the felt.
Now the bonnet shuts with a thud instead of a clonk!!

You will be surprised how very little, sound proof there is in the doors a tiny piece of felt :x .

I think most of the noise comes from the floor, and front wheel arches im going to tackle that in the summer.

Silent coat bought of ebay EAN: 0702795788230

Silent Coat 2mm Damping Mat - 10 Sheets! 187 x 265mm

With military grade construction and highly effective damping, Silent Coat Damping Mat is already the first sound deadening choice of many automotive professionals and car audio competitors.

Silent Coat 2mm Damping Mat uses mass loading to lower panel resonance and absorb structural vibrations. Stop those nasty rattles, eliminate road and outside noise, insulate your vehicle and dramatically improve the sound of your car interior.

Technical advantages:

Self adhesive 2mm butyl based rubber visco elastic polymer active layer
Aluminium constraining layer for maximum noise reduction improves performance
Highly efficient vibration damper
Superior performance to comparable products
Contains 30% more active material than the Dynamic sounding brand leader
Highly efficient performance requires less product
More economical in use compared to competitors

Product features:

Soft and easy to use
No nasty smell unlike inferior bitumen products
Military grade adhesive stays stuck even in extreme temperatures
Non flammable
Professional butyl based compound
Unbeatable cost to performance ratio

thanks for the info.
i have already tackled the doors with silent coat when i upgraded the audio system.
i agree with you i think most of the noise is coming from the floor and front wheel arches.
do you think you noticed any difference in noise after you did the bonnet?
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seagypsy1407u » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:05 pm

Tbh Im not sure if umderneath the bonnet has made much difference.When the van was delivered in Jan it came with 20inch alloys.only had a week then fitted
winter tyres ready for 2 weeks in the Alps.If i get time this week ill put the orignal tyres back on.Not sure if there is much sound difference between the tyres

Image20190420_155601 by peter cross, on Flickr

Image20190420_132944 by peter cross, on Flickr
Last edited by seagypsy1407u on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seagypsy1407u
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby seagypsy1407u » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 pm

Looks like i have hi jacked your orignal post doormedic sorry :(
seagypsy1407u
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom