*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Double to single passenger seat

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Double to single passenger seat

Postby mrtacg » Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience changing a double seat to a single seat? I have a Ford Transit 100 T350L RWD 2006 and have converted it to a camper van.

I'm having a lot of problems finding a single seat and was hoping someone had some input for me?

Very much appreciated!
mrtacg

Re: Double to single passenger seat

Postby wild camper » Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 pm

I recently fitted a swivelling single passenger seat to a 2017 Custom
It had to be done on a budget and genuine single Custom seat and bases are as rare as hens teeth
One suggestion was to travel to Europe and buy a used LHD drivers seat
I bought a 2008 Sprinter seat and base from a scrapped ambulance for £40 from a local scrapyard, I think I was lucky to get it at that price as most seats on EBay are asking £100+
I had to repair and clean it and fit a seat cover and armrest cover to try to match my drivers seat
A local blacksmith modified the seat base to fit the floor captive nuts and butcher the base to reduce the height
I helped him and he charged only £30 labour
I’m now trying to plan the fitting of the redundant double seat into the load area, it needs to be well anchored and quickly removed
I haven’t been camping in it yet, I’ll be able to see if it’s been worth the effort
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Boxerben » Mon May 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Just fitted transit custom drivers seat and seat box in place of the double seat in a mk8 transit. Bolt holes are already in floor. Fitted passenger seat swivel also. Armrest is on the wrong side but not fussed about that. Need to cut some plastic trim to fit seatbelt clip on opposite side.
Boxerben

Postby dumper » Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 am

If you can find one it’s a straight swop you can fit mk7 to a mk6 if you don’t mind odd seats a driver seat will fit but arm rest will be on the wrong side and you have to swop over the seat belt stork
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Camper vans and conversions