*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WARNING LIGHTS / DPF ISSUE

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

WARNING LIGHTS / DPF ISSUE

Postby mrhotrocks » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 pm

hi all ... i bought a 2015 transit custom from a dealer exactly 1 year ago with 53k on the clock ... in the year since i have put 6k miles on her ... all short journeys ...
i was booked in for 3rd service which turned out to be 2 days after my 12 month warranty expired ... engine service now showed up a few days before the service was due due and eml came on day before ... collected van from dealer after service was completed with eml and engine service now still illuminated ... along with a list of work that dealer recommended with an estimate of £2.5k .... took van to indenpendent garage who done the work for 400 quid!!! ...but couldnt remove the warning lights my problem is the eml and esn is still lit and the van has failed mot ... was told there must be an electrical problem ... took it to another garage who put it on diagnostics and told me codes were relating to a problem with the DPF which was probably down to the fact that van only travels on short journeys and it hasnt had a chance to regen ... was advised to take her for a blast on motorway to see if it would regen .... i done this but could not get revs over 3000 or speed over 70mph ... im guessing this is due to limp mode ... i then got engine carbon cleaned and the guy hooked it up to diagnostics and has said that he doesnt think its the dpf in itself because of the low mileage and has told me to go to an autospark as he thinks its electrical .. he gave me codes that were threw up .... P2463 ... P246C ... P24A4 AND P244B ....
ANY ADVISE WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED AS I REALLY HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE ... the van feels like its running normal its just these bloody warning lights and the fact i now dont have an mot ...
mrhotrocks

Re: WARNING LIGHTS / DPF ISSUE

Postby loot » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:00 pm

There's most likely a broken wire.
I'll bet you need to replace the vaporizer and dpf sensors then reset all learned values especially dpf values.

My 65 plate custom seems to regenerate around town and I rarely do long fast drives, it's done 20k miles so far, I do so on the motorway but mostly 5 minute journeys :shock:

It sounds hollow and the fan is on when it regenerates.

It is rarely the dpf at fault but needs to see all sensor data to perform the regen.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby mrhotrocks » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:52 pm

thankyou for such a quick reply .... is that a big job cost and timewise ??
mrhotrocks

Postby mrhotrocks » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 pm

and am i right in thinking that a regen isnt happening because the warning lights are on
mrhotrocks

Postby Nederbelg » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Yes, you are right! It won't regenerate as long as the faults are there.

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Altransit » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Why can't they do a forced regen, so you can get your MOT :?: :?
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby dodgy01 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:24 pm

they won't allow a forced region until all other fault codes are cleared

I had this issue it turned out to be the injector blocked so it could not reach temp to allow a regen .
I think it was about £160 but a real sh*t to get undone as they are up high on the manifold with little room
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dodgy01 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 pm

dodgy01 wrote:they won't allow a forced region until all other fault codes are cleared

I had this issue it turned out to be the injector blocked so it could not reach temp to allow a regen .
I think it was about £160 but a real sh*t to get undone as they are up high on the manifold with little room

so p2463 is a restricted dpf or could be a split pipe or a blocked sensor
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby mrhotrocks » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 pm

hi dodgy ... if i had a blocked injector would i not have got a fault code ? ... the only knowledge i have is from this forum and youtube over last couple days ... im really reluctant to go back to dealership as i feel like they tried to rip me off ... ill head to garage in morning ... i need to get it sorted asap ... at least ill be able to sound like i know what im talking about ... thankyou
mrhotrocks

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 pm

mrhotrocks wrote:hi dodgy ... if i had a blocked injector would i not have got a fault code ? ... the only knowledge i have is from this forum and youtube over last couple days ... im really reluctant to go back to dealership as i feel like they tried to rip me off ... ill head to garage in morning ... i need to get it sorted asap ... at least ill be able to sound like i know what im talking about ... thankyou
Where are you based as someone on the forum may be near you :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mrhotrocks » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:16 pm

im in belfast
mrhotrocks

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 pm

mrhotrocks wrote:im in belfast

Im in Dublin or Davy jcb is closer to you :) The dealer is ripping you off :twisted:memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=93058 .You could give G.C. Commercials at Nutts Corner also.
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Nutts corner? Is that a real place? :P I'd like to live there :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby dodgy01 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
mrhotrocks wrote:hi dodgy ... if i had a blocked injector would i not have got a fault code ? ... the only knowledge i have is from this forum and youtube over last couple days ... im really reluctant to go back to dealership as i feel like they tried to rip me off ... ill head to garage in morning ... i need to get it sorted asap ... at least ill be able to sound like i know what im talking about ... thankyou
Where are you based as someone on the forum may be near you :wink:

no it won't put up a code , it will only cause other dpf issues and they should lead you to the blocked injector
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Marcob » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Mine wouldn't regen due to a faulty injector. A very good independent garage were unable to get the injector fault to show up on their computer but Ford could.
Nutts Corner is indeed a real place. It's a big roundabout in the middle of nowhere. There is also an old runway. I helped a couple of elderly Americans find it a couple of years ago and as soon as we got there one of them burst into tears. It turned out that during the war they stripped out the B17s of everything they didn't need to actually fly in the states and flew them across the Atlantic. Nutts corner was the nearest UK airfield and a lot of them didn't make it. This guys friend was the one who got the furthest without actually getting onto the runway. Poor sod died 200 yds short of it.
Black 290 L2H1 125 PS Limited
The Ford Transit Custom - saving the environment by not actually going anywhere.
Zero emissions for 4 months and counting.....
Marcob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Custom