*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

RCL Swapping from one van to another?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

RCL Swapping from one van to another?

Postby Rhys-M » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Hey folks. had a quick read and thought I'd post my own topic.

My trusty 03 'Shed on Wheels' gave up the ghost (Clutch friction plate delaminated or something, works when cold but can't change gear when warm. Exhaust is also knackered and brakes worn), it owes me nothing and now I've replaced it with what I can only describe as a white box on wheels. Basic is not the word, at least it has windows and a radio. Even the mirrors have to be pushed from the outside (even though they have cables fitted for internal adjusters) and there's no switch on the rear doors for the interior light. I'm fitting the roof sound/insulation in I've ripped out of my old one and even swapped over the bonnet dampening stuff as that was missing as well!

My main gripe is that it doesn't have remote central locking, whereas my old one did. I've read that there's a module that I can fit? My newer connect is a 56 plate Duratorque thing (apparently the TDDCi on my old one is better and I preferred the gearbox as well.. Ah well..)

Now, before I go ripping things apart and shorting stuff out, is there a way of removing bits from my doner one and putting them in my newer one? I'm hoping it's kinda plug & play but luck is never on my side in these sort of things...

Any help will be welcome :)
Rhys-M

Re: RCL Swapping from one van to another?

Postby liteace » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am

Just remove the CL module from both vans and plug the old one into your new van, program the key fob and away you go
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Rhys-M » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Right, I'm looking for it now. Where is it? I bet I'm looking right at it but getting flummoxed.. Got the glovebox down and can't see anything..
Cheers.
Rhys-M

Postby Rhys-M » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Ok, so I’ve found it :)
Next question, I’m not Harry Houdini so how do I get it out? I’m guessing the fuse box needs unscrewing? Looks like 2 bolts? Do I need to unplug the battery at all, or is it safe?
Can you tell I’ve not done this before?
Will the wiring be there on the newer one, or do I need to remove more stuff off the old one to swap over?
Rhys-M

Postby liteace » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:27 pm

All the wiring should be there, just fit it, plug in the, 3 I think, plugs and away you go
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect