*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hunt for isolator switch

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Hunt for isolator switch

Postby Jesse Beaman » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi everyone I wonder if you can help me. I have just purchased a 2011 2.4 litre transit that was previously a network rail van. I intend to convert this to a camper, although with it being a mess van some of the conversion is already complete. This includes a leisure battery and I'm struggling to find the isolator switch for the battery. Does anyone have experience with these network rail conversions and if so could you advise as to the location of the switch please?

There is a switch on the dashboard that doesn't seem to do anything so I wonder if it could be that. However there is no way to tell when it's 'on' or 'off.' I've attached a photo

Thanks everyone

Jesse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jesse Beaman

Re: Hunt for isolator switch

Postby imageoven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Isolator switches are normally near to the battery in order to isolate all the wiring too. Find the battery and follow the big red cable.

You may well have things like battery guard devices or clever split charging arrangements which are shutting you down.
imageoven
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lcbandit » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:48 pm

I have a network rail van and the isolator switch is in roughly the same place but mine doesn't seem to do anything either no light on so can't tell 8f it's working, I've part converted mine (it's a 2013)
mk7 2013 plate :D
lcbandit
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Gavind128 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:17 pm

Having just bought one of these vans from my employer i have quite a bit of experience with these things if there is no light then its connected to disconnect isolate the leisure battery's you need to hold the switch down for a couple of seconds and then the light will flash meaning the battery's are isolated, I'm not convinced at this point in time that it disconnects anything other than the load items.
Mk7 2008 RWD
Nissan Leaf mk2 2020

If in doubt give it a clout
Gavind128

Postby lcbandit » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:09 am

Wait for all the questions regarding the set up for the batteries etc lol
mk7 2013 plate :D
lcbandit
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Camper vans and conversions