*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New Engine

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

New Engine

Postby nzcamper » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:07 am

Hello everyone,

Ive been told my 2007 mk7 van needs a new engine from my local Ford Dealership and they've quoted for parts and labour $11,000 NZD. Seriously?
Excessive air appears to be exiting the oil filler cap on the top of the engine while its idling.
Ford Dealership says oil rings are gone and the engines on its way out.
Can anyone look at the facts below and suggest anywhere else the excessive blow by air could be coming from in my engine? Turbo? a breather pipe is connected to the air cleaner maybe that?
Engine starts fine, 2.4litre and done 295,000kms, has no oil in the water and no water in the oil, doesn't smoke while driving, plenty of power and turbo works well, the orange engine maintenance light comes on periodically, engine isn't losing oil. when driving if I accelerate fast the engine does miss a little around 3,000 rpms but holds its speed, leaking a little oil around the rocker cover.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
nzcamper

Re: New Engine

Postby Punto443 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:19 am

Firstly get the codes read, it’s probably just the egr, but get them checked any way.

From the symptoms you describe, I think it’s likely that you could just need new injector seating washers?

And they’re only a couple of bucks to buy. Basically if they’re not seated right it can allow combustion gases to escape into the crankcase. The oil round the top of them would further reinforce this.
I’d certainly be trying this before stripping an engine down.

But you’ll need new injector clamp bolts too, as there stretch type.
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Re: New Engine

Postby Dodge20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm

What Punto says, more than likely the injector washers causing the blow by.
Some people are like slinkies.... not good for much but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

2009 280 85hp
2015 290 Custom DCIV twin side doors 155hp(tragically killed)
Dodge20
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Location: Go to the end of the world and turn left. (South Cumbria)

Return to Technical Problems & Questions