*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hose between air intake and exhaust manifold

Need a certain part? Ask on here!

Moderator: Luke

Hose between air intake and exhaust manifold

Postby nickh201 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I have a 1986 Transit motorhome with a 2000 cc Pinto engine. It's missing a hose from between the engine air intake and the exhaust manifold. So whenever I drive it I get a good lungfull of fumes!

Anybody know what part I need and where to get it from? It's a kind of metal reinforced flexible hose. Looks a bit like it's been made out of a slinky spring!

I've found a pic here but it's on a complete engine:
https://www.usedwolverhampton.co.uk/cla ... e_23870586

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
nickh201

Re: Hose between air intake and exhaust manifold

Postby Mr RVM » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 pm

I've got a few genuine ford ones.....New old stock.....never been used......just need to be cut to length......they're long enough to make 2......£10 plus postage.....have to wait till weekend now though......(btw the one in photo isn't an original one)
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby nickh201 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:54 am

Marvellous! For a tenner + postage I'll give it a go. Owt is better than nowt, as they say.
nickh201

Postby andz327 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:32 am

Hello , for one there should be no fumes coming out of where the hose should be as its only function is to provide heat to the air sucking in through air filter in winter time, if there is exhaust fumes coming from that you have a problem, either the exhaust is slack at manifold, manifold is slack at cylinder head or more than likely the exhaust manifold is cracked, THERE SHOULD BE NO FUMES AT ALL FROM THAT AREA if there is and you put the bit of heat ducting on it you'll soon have a choked air filer, you can get from ebay and I've seen them in Halfords , mind and measure diameter before buying, and get FUMES SEEN Tae asap, if fumes are more of a petrol smell it maybe over fueling like choke sticking etc check carb large diaphragm for holes etc if its V V type Image

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 pm

andz327 wrote:Hello , for one there should be no fumes coming out of where the hose should be as its only function is to provide heat to the air sucking in through air filter in winter time, if there is exhaust fumes coming from that you have a problem, either the exhaust is slack at manifold, manifold is slack at cylinder head or more than likely the exhaust manifold is cracked, THERE SHOULD BE NO FUMES AT ALL FROM THAT AREA if there is and you put the bit of heat ducting on it you'll soon have a choked air filer, you can get from ebay and I've seen them in Halfords , mind and measure diameter before buying, and get FUMES SEEN Tae asap, if fumes are more of a petrol smell it maybe over fueling like choke sticking etc check carb large diaphragm for holes etc if its V V type Image

ANDZ
OH BY THE WAY YOUR FOOKIN WELCOME!!!!!!!

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Parts Wanted