Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020


Egr fault, p0404

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 am

I'm guessing this means it's stuck open.

How hard are they to remove and clean,

09 plate 2.2 fwd.
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby loot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am

I think that is range performance and usually means the head is worn out.

You can get new ones off tpuk
I'd get the updated black 1.


https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3124486264

50 quid :P

Is it fixed yet? 8)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
[img]http://[/img]
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 29281
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

loot wrote:I think that is range performance and usually means the head is worn out.

You can get new ones off tpuk
I'd get the updated black 1.

Cheers m8, while your here, I'm thinking of changing the scv while I'm working on van, it hasn't failed yet but I think it's starting to and want to catch it early.
Where would you recommend getting one from, I remember stories of some new ones not working.


https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3124486264

50 quid :P

Is it fixed yet? 8)
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby loot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:01 am

I have to say Ford unfortunately :(

You could try pf jones.

Have you checked the prv? Have you done the learns? If it the prv is OK and passes the learns and runs smooth then I don't see a reason to do them but have you don't the injector leak off test first because more often than not it will fail the pilot and you'll be stuck with engine malfunction which is a right anus and you'll wish you never started it lol.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
[img]http://[/img]
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 29281
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby knobby1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:39 am

loot wrote:I have to say Ford unfortunately :(

You could try pf jones.

Have you checked the prv? Have you done the learns? If it the prv is OK and passes the learns and runs smooth then I don't see a reason to do them but have you don't the injector leak off test first because more often than not it will fail the pilot and you'll be stuck with engine malfunction which is a right anus and you'll wish you never started it lol.


I've played with a couple of SCV's...they're just a simple variable voltage solenoid, most times the sliding piston gets wear/score marks on them and they tend to stick a bit...which causes them to undershoot & overshoot, hence the hunting idle. I changed mine for a new one a few years ago...but as an experiment, ~six months later I had a "thought" and polished the piston and it's bore on my original one, fitted it back in.... and it's still in there today running a sweet as a nut.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8460
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby loot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:14 pm

knobby1 wrote:
loot wrote:I have to say Ford unfortunately :(

You could try pf jones.

Have you checked the prv? Have you done the learns? If it the prv is OK and passes the learns and runs smooth then I don't see a reason to do them but have you don't the injector leak off test first because more often than not it will fail the pilot and you'll be stuck with engine malfunction which is a right anus and you'll wish you never started it lol.


I've played with a couple of SCV's...they're just a simple variable voltage solenoid, most times the sliding piston gets wear/score marks on them and they tend to stick a bit...which causes them to undershoot & overshoot, hence the hunting idle. I changed mine for a new one a few years ago...but as an experiment, ~six months later I had a "thought" and polished the piston and it's bore on my original one, fitted it back in.... and it's still in there today running a sweet as a nut.

Lord Knobrot

To much polishing and you could go blind :shock: :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
[img]http://[/img]
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 29281
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:46 pm

loot wrote:I have to say Ford unfortunately :(

You could try pf jones.

Have you checked the prv? Have you done the learns? If it the prv is OK and passes the learns and runs smooth then I don't see a reason to do them but have you don't the injector leak off test first because more often than not it will fail the pilot and you'll be stuck with engine malfunction which is a right anus and you'll wish you never started it lol.


The van hasn't failed yet, I do a learn every service and it aways passes, ive just notice an increase in the hunting, nothing major yet but I thought if I catch it early it won't blow the prv.
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby knobby1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 pm

loot wrote:To much polishing and you could go blind :shock: :lol:


Have you not seen my white cane..?? :wink: :lol:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8460
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Just p1103 come up too,

I'll clean egr , inlet etc on Sunday and see how things go.
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:50 am

loot wrote:I think that is range performance and usually means the head is worn out.

You can get new ones off tpuk
I'd get the updated black 1.

Just went to order this and realised it's for a mk8, or are they the same.


https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3124486264

50 quid :P

Is it fixed yet? 8)
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby loot » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:50 pm

mjsroofing wrote:
loot wrote:I think that is range performance and usually means the head is worn out.

You can get new ones off tpuk
I'd get the updated black 1.

Just went to order this and realised it's for a mk8, or are they the same.


https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3124486264

50 quid :P

Is it fixed yet? 8)

Will be the same. 99.9999999999999999% :wink:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
[img]http://[/img]
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 29281
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 pm

loot wrote:
mjsroofing wrote:
loot wrote:I think that is range performance and usually means the head is worn out.

You can get new ones off tpuk
I'd get the updated black 1.

Just went to order this and realised it's for a mk8, or are they the same.


https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3124486264

50 quid :P

Is it fixed yet? 8)

Will be the same. 99.9999999999999999% :wink:


Just bought it.
Light has come on a few times now, same code every time, and now especially when cold it kind of cuts out as you start to accelerate but then powers up, just like the valve it sticking open.
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:54 pm

loot wrote:I think that is range performance and usually means the head is worn out.

You can get new ones off tpuk
I'd get the updated black 1.




https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3124486264

50 quid :P

Is it fixed yet? 8)


Is the your one the updated version of this one,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3108188550
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby loot » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 am

Yes, I think standard fit on later ones. They physically fit the same and the connector is the same.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
[img]http://[/img]
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 29281
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Egr fault, p0404

Postby mjsroofing » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:44 pm

loot wrote:Yes, I think standard fit on later ones. They physically fit the same and the connector is the same.


Just changed it and the van won't start.
www.mjsroofing.co.uk
2009 2.2 tdci 115ps just over 51k and sweet as a nut ( so far )
2002 2.0 tddi 100ps. Over 205k still sweet . Now owned by Jay.
2001 escort van 75, 1.8 turbo intercooler. scrapyard heaven
1995 escort van 50, 1.8 straight diesel, scrapyard heaven.
User avatar
mjsroofing
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am
Location: South Wales.

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

croncroncron