Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020


4x4 Beast

Ford A-series 1974 - 1982

Moderator: Luke

4x4 Beast

Postby A Beast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:38 pm

Does anybody know what the Ford model number is for a A-series 4x4?

Cheers Stu
A Beast
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby sven » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Guess they came as A0609 and A0610 Reynold Boughton
sven
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: Sarpsborg, Norway

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby A Beast » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:38 pm

sven wrote:Guess they came as A0609 and A0610 Reynold Boughton


Hi Sven,

Thanks for that do you know wht the 609 and 610 ralate to is it engine or wieght?

cheers Stu
A Beast
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby Willowbrook » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm

A Beast wrote:
sven wrote:Guess they came as A0609 and A0610 Reynold Boughton


Hi Sven,

Thanks for that do you know wht the 609 and 610 ralate to is it engine or wieght?

cheers Stu

its the engine size
Willowbrook
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Basildon Essex

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby Ghia » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:54 am

A0406: 3,5 Tonnen, 2,4
Liter Diesel


A0409: 3,5 Tonnen, 3,5 Liter Diesel


A0410: 3,5 Tonnen, V6 Benziner


A0506: 4,6 und 5 Tonnen, 2,4 Liter Diesel


A0509: 4,6 und 5,2 Tonnen, 3,5 Liter Diesel


A0510: 4,6 und 5 Tonnen, V6 Benziner


A0609: 5,6 und 6,3 Tonnen, 3,5 Liter Diesel


A0610: 5,6 und 6,3 Tonnen, V6 Benziner

http://www.fomcc.de/a_serie.htm
Ghia
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:51 am

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:57 am

:lol: :lol: they were the days, :lol: look at the hp for a 3.5 york six pot :lol:
User avatar
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: lincolnshire

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby A Beast » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:29 pm

psv-hgv-flt wrote::lol: :lol: they were the days, :lol: look at the hp for a 3.5 york six pot :lol:


Yes thats why we transplanted a perkins in there not much more HP but a bit more torque :lol:
A Beast
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby Ghia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Mine has a little Mitsubishi 2.3 Turbo Diesel.
So now I have room left for a little motorbike ;-)
Ghia
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:51 am

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby emlclcy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:37 pm

A Beast wrote:
psv-hgv-flt wrote::lol: :lol: they were the days, :lol: look at the hp for a 3.5 york six pot :lol:


Yes thats why we transplanted a perkins in there not much more HP but a bit more torque :lol:


can you tell me about the perkins conversion? ive a york 3.5 4x4 but the engine needs a rebuild and after reading your post wonder if putting a perkins in is a better option?
regards
carl
hampshire uk
emlclcy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 am

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:38 pm

emlclcy wrote:
A Beast wrote:
psv-hgv-flt wrote::lol: :lol: they were the days, :lol: look at the hp for a 3.5 york six pot :lol:


Yes thats why we transplanted a perkins in there not much more HP but a bit more torque :lol:


can you tell me about the perkins conversion? ive a york 3.5 4x4 but the engine needs a rebuild and after reading your post wonder if putting a perkins in is a better option?
regards
carl
hampshire uk

Its over 9 years since he visited the forum,you might have to wait a bit for an answer :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
User avatar
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8675
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: 24 Years living next door to Alice

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby emlclcy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 am

Its over 9 years since he visited the forum,you might have to wait a bit for an answer :wink:[/quote]

dont suppose you have a contact for him? maybe a PM may get an email notification
emlclcy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 am

Re: 4x4 Beast

Postby bambi mk 1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:11 am

emlclcy wrote:Its over 9 years since he visited the forum,you might have to wait a bit for an answer :wink:


dont suppose you have a contact for him? maybe a PM may get an email notification[/quote]
Why dont you try a pm yourself :roll:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
User avatar
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8675
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: 24 Years living next door to Alice


Return to Ford A-Series



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users