*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lucifer in progress

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Lucifer in progress

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:12 pm

loot wrote:You can buy a 140ps van and for a cheap kit.

I don't see any real benefit to having a factory sport :( the alloys are soft and bend and the stickers a bit ahem, passenger airbag means less storage. And I'll bet the insurance is higher :(

I’m currently paying £50 a month for my insurance and a sport is only and £59 a year fully comp..
I have been looking at trends and tourneos but like stated in a different post, what’s the real difference in the 2.2 duratorq engine, as iv seen quite a few sports running 180bhp with lil effort...
I’m all for making a unique van, just in personal taste, the sport in specific colours as standard looks better, yes I can add the sport kit on the outside, just someone must know engine wise between the two..
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:16 pm

I'd rather have a BLUE 140 limited then a sport :wink: the sport is basically a limited in a frock, the engine is the same.

Anyway red vans might be faster but blue Vans are invisible 8)
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:22 pm

ned wrote:I'd rather have a BLUE 140 limited then a sport :wink: the sport is basically a limited in a frock, the engine is the same.

Anyway red vans might be faster but blue Vans are invisible 8)

Is that why I don’t see the delivery white arrows vans no more Ned?..
Personally I’d rather keep my green van, cos you know how much I love green...but reality, that lil bit in my brain that hurts when it’s right, says I need a new van....
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 pm

White arrow, bloody hell your showing your age now, not seen one of them since the '80's :lol: :lol: drive a blue van and see how many people cut you up, pull out in front of you and generally don't see you, my mother once drove passed me and said she didn't see me :lol: :lol:

Vans are like old pets, bits fail, they start to smell, you love them but know it's only a matter of time before they die and you then need a new one :? And like pets the little b*stards cost you a fortune and never thank you for anything, b*stard whore monkeys

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:46 am

ned wrote:White arrow, bloody hell your showing your age now, not seen one of them since the '80's :lol: :lol: drive a blue van and see how many people cut you up, pull out in front of you and generally don't see you, my mother once drove passed me and said she didn't see me :lol: :lol:

Vans are like old pets, bits fail, they start to smell, you love them but know it's only a matter of time before they die and you then need a new one :? And like pets the little b*stards cost you a fortune and never thank you for anything, b*stard whore monkeys

It’s the same with securicor omega too, where have they gone, knightfrieght seem to be dismal too these day, I’m even stating to see less or Royal Mail, tho fed Ex seems to be doing good,I’m waiting for our fed ex man to bring his new sprinter down, tho for some reason he prefers his 350 tranny..
Just like an old dog this vans always been there, always started, always got me to where I wanted to be, and even now, I still call it home..but I know it’s time is short, if my circumstances were different, I’d save it, but I got to be realistic...
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:04 pm

The sport engine is just a 2.2 140 the same as the non sport 2.2 140 so really the only difference is the paint, alloys, passenger airbag, stickers, ridiculously priced tailpipe :lol: maybe a few other bits but unlikely.

It is a matter of personal choice though quite right.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:18 am

loot wrote:The sport engine is just a 2.2 140 the same as the non sport 2.2 140 so really the only difference is the paint, alloys, passenger airbag, stickers, ridiculously priced tailpipe :lol: maybe a few other bits but unlikely.

And the alloys tailpipe and body bits iv already got to take off my van...
If I can get a genuine sport I will, but the trend is always 2nd
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:25 am

Scooby doo wrote:
loot wrote:The sport engine is just a 2.2 140 the same as the non sport 2.2 140 so really the only difference is the paint, alloys, passenger airbag, stickers, ridiculously priced tailpipe :lol: maybe a few other bits but unlikely.

Why a trend, the limited is higher up the spec level then the trend :wink: also I believe the 56 plates benefit from cheaper road tax then any other year.

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:21 am

ned wrote:
Scooby doo wrote:

Why a trend, the limited is higher up the spec level then the trend :wink: also I believe the 56 plates benefit from cheaper road tax then any other year.

Oh you boys are really confusing me now...
Basically, me wants a sport, or whichever model has the sport engine inside so I can map her to 180bhp..iv already got a new name for the new van and it’s giggle juice...
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 am

Scooby doo wrote:
ned"quote="Scooby doo wrote:

Oh you boys are really confusing me now...
Basically, me wants a sport, or whichever model has the sport engine inside so I can map her to 180bhp..iv already got a new name for the new van and it’s giggle juice...[/quote]

We aim to please :lol: the spec comes in different engine sizes, you can get a 115 trend ect, I think the pecking order on spec is - dirty builders van/poverty spec, LX, GLX, Trend, Limited, sport van (there maybe some I've missed like sapphire) the spec level is all the toys, a/c, power windows, heated screen and mirrors (there a must have), heated seats ect ect, so what you want is a 140ps either a sport or something with the same spec as the sport, the sport engine is the same as any other 140ps engine, I was looking at a limited last year, 140ps with all the toys, low mileage, full service history, think it was a 10 plate, the guy wanted £4.5k :shock: decided to stick with ol' Lucie as I didn't have £4.5k :lol:

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:27 am

Now you get me Ned, it’s what’s under the bonnet that counts, plus the luxury of leccy windows, mirrors and ac is a blessing.
The kit and outside is all stick on bits which I already have...
I would keep the green machine, but as we all know, she needs work, a lot of work, it’s a gut ache that iv decided to part ways this year with her as she’s a sweet van, but I can’t financially and logically commit to her, the main important part is she’s my home, which is why every van I look at I’m straight through on mot history to find it’s hidden rust issues, want a solid base to start with so I can commit at least 10 years too..then be able as having a blank canvas to kit it how I want inside, to run my subs, to have storage, a fold down bed, mg tv and Nintendo, a sweet insulation job and make her homely with night heater and rear air con..
I can’t afford to rent a flat and have a van, but having the van I can at least have a comfortable place to lay my head at night...
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:53 am

140ps engine is the same it has the electronic vnt turbo and is 140ps same as the sport.

Get any 140ps transit fwd with the same vmt6 gearbox ration and you can do to it the same as the sport.

Fyi the sport wasn't a factory van or was ordered and the kit etc fitted. A lot of companies do it to the later transit. You have sport (may actually be a Ford offering in boot sure) but you have the m sport, rs, rt I think and a host of others.

If you get a 56 late it'll probably have a 5 speed 130ps so maybe the tax benefit won't be that great and too top that it'll maybe rusty so a long term project would be before 2011 euro 5,which has a 155ps engine but imo not as good as the euro 4.

So.

A euro 4 2011 transit limited with 2 side doors and 140ps engine with 6 speed box please.

Fit your kit and 2 side windows and you're good to go.

I'll take it in red :D :lol:

Ironically I think that you could get cheap tax incentive in 2011 also but the transit didn't qualify :?

Bloody Ford
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:35 am

loot wrote:140ps engine is the same it has the electronic vnt turbo and is 140ps same as the sport.

Get any 140ps transit fwd with the same vmt6 gearbox ratio and you can do to it the same as the sport.

Fyi the sport wasn't a factory van or was ordered and the kit etc fitted. A lot of companies do it to the later transit. You have sport (may actually be a Ford offering I'm not sure) but you have the msport, rs, rt I think and a host of others.

If you get a 56 plate it'll probably have a 5 speed 130ps so maybe the tax benefit won't be that great and to top that it'll maybe rusty so a long term project would be before 2011 euro 5,which has a 155ps engine but imo not as good as the euro 4.

So.

A euro 4 2011 transit limited with 2 side doors and 140ps engine with 6 speed box please.

I'll take it in red :D :lol:

Ironically I think that you could get cheap tax incentive in 2011 also but the transit didn't qualify :?

Bloody Ford

And that’s me plan mr loot sir...except for the red part lol..
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:41 am

loot wrote:140ps engine is the same it has the electronic vnt turbo and is 140ps same as the sport.

Get any 140ps transit fwd with the same vmt6 gearbox ration and you can do to it the same as the sport.

Fyi the sport wasn't a factory van or was ordered and the kit etc fitted. A lot of companies do it to the later transit. You have sport (may actually be a Ford offering in boot sure) but you have the m sport, rs, rt I think and a host of others.

If you get a 56 late it'll probably have a 5 speed 130ps so maybe the tax benefit won't be that great and too top that it'll maybe rusty so a long term project would be before 2011 euro 5,which has a 155ps engine but imo not as good as the euro 4.

So.

I'll take it in BLUE :D :lol:

Bloody Ford

Fify :wink: wasn't the sport done by msrt? If so what's on the log book :?

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:35 pm

ned wrote:

So.

I'll take it in BLUE :D :lol:

Bloody Ford

Fify :wink: wasn't the sport done by msrt? If so what's on the log book :?

All the sports bits are ms designs and believe they do have special vin on them to state genuine sport...
I do love the kits and wheels, reminds me of old skool tsw venoms
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!