*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom 2.2 63 plate no power

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit Custom 2.2 63 plate no power

Postby Cowan2007 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello folks new to this forum. I have 2013 Ford Transit Custom 270 (63 plate) euro 5 2.2 FWD 100hp

Turbo had gone and so had the i injector seals to there were all replaced but the van still has no power at all like none :( the van starts up fine runs fine but after about 5 mins some blue/white smoke will come out the exhaust under hard acceleration but clears up after a few minutes. It’s baffling me as there are zero warnings or no error codes I have some images of my findings went I replaced the turbo and the injector seals hopefully someone has some inside to this issue

Regards Stephen.
Cowan2007

Re: Transit Custom 2.2 63 plate no power

Postby Cowan2007 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Cowan2007 wrote:Hello folks new to this forum. I have 2013 Ford Transit Custom 270 (63 plate) euro 5 2.2 FWD 100hp

Turbo had gone and so had the i injector seals to there were all replaced but the van still has no power at all like none :( the van starts up fine runs fine but after about 5 mins some blue/white smoke will come out the exhaust under hard acceleration but clears up after a few minutes. It’s baffling me as there are zero warnings or no error codes I have some images of my findings went I replaced the turbo and the injector seals hopefully someone has some inside to this issue

Regards Stephen.
Cowan2007

Postby Sam123 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Strange problem.

Have a think about the EGR valve. I was having tempermental on/off issues, and it turned out to be EGR. EGR can completely kill the power.

Do you have an ELM327 / Forscan scan tool, if not get it. Only £20 for the ELM327, and Forscan is free. Monitor live EGR valve flap position/EGR position error values using Forscan and see if anything amiss.

If you find anything that points to the EGR, personally I would take the risk and replace it with a good quality (Pierburg) new part.

Incidentally, a dodgy EGR will do a good job of gumming up the turbo, which could explain your earlier turbo problem.
Sam123
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Cowan2007 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Cheers Sam I have ELM adapter and forscan for iOS Apple phone I’ll go and have a look and see what the egr is doing but my van had its mot this morning and I got the garage to check some parameters and he said the EGR was working he could see it opening and closing on the data. I’m at my wits end with also went to the main dealer and they won’t be able to see it until the end of November what sort of data I’m I looking for ie parameter values what should they be roughly ?
Cowan2007

Return to Transit Custom