*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wind deflectors

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Wind deflectors

Postby Sam123 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for Mk8 side window wind deflectors. I just splashed out £50 for a set of Climair ones, thinking these were best. But they were damn near impossible to fit, and then the locating flange shattered when I raised the window. I really wouldn't recommend these, they seemed to be very brittle acrylic with almost no give. I am returning them to the seller as no good. Seller insists that I am misfitting them, but I'm pretty handy with cars, and tried every which way without success.

The main problem seems to be the front vertical edge channel of the window frame is just far too tight - there's not enough room in there for both the window and the deflector flange, which is probably 2-3mm thick. Ideally I'd like the in-channel style, rather than stick-on, but seems like that will only be possible with a very thin flange. Any thoughts?
Sam123
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Wind deflectors

Postby longhair » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:38 pm

I fitted some Team Heko ones to my Custom and they have been fine. It was a bit nerve racking fitting them, thinking they might shatter at any point, but they were fine. The windows go up and down as easy as they did before I fitted them.
longhair
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Sam123 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:49 pm

That's good to know - thanks. I might try Heko. I'd definitely recommend steering clear of the Climair deflectors. Even ignoring the shattering issue, the windows barely did up with them fitted, there just isn't room in the window channel for them.
Sam123
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby longhair » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:12 pm

I sprayed some silicone into the window channels and that helped glass to slide up and down easier.
longhair
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stumble » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:45 pm

I can't vouch for Mk8 fitment, but.. in my experience

Clim Air are normally good and are deigned to fit tight with no clips, you have to beed them into the correct side of the rubbers

Heko are ok as such, need clips for them to stay attached and can shrink, well one side of mine did

Oh and Hekos are thicker than Cim Air too

IMHO
Stumble
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits