*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

increased road vibration on a 2018 Custom?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: increased road vibration on a 2018 Custom?

Postby amcq46 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:17 pm

Well after I have had a few more journeys in the van for work, and I am still sure there is an underlying issue with transmission of road noise / buzz through to the chassis, beyond just the reduced filtering as the tyres wear.

so once lockdown is lifted I need to do a back to back drive with another Transit custom. looks like my nearest Ford Commercial dealer is in Worcester, so I will try and get a test drive in a std van on 16" wheels,

but if there is anybody local to WR7 area with a newish custom who is OK to do a swap for a 5 mile drive to
a) give me an 2nd opinion if they think my van feels harsh
b) allow me to calibrate what another van feels like

I would be very grateful

send me a PM :D
amcq46
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby J.J McDuff » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:15 am

amcq46 wrote:
S60r wrote:
Nice avatar btw.... any actual pics of your conversion? I may do mine.... one day.

The van was converted by auto campers down in Reading from new. It's their Day van option, so I can still get a motorbike in the back with the suspended bed folded up and stored beside the bike, then when I take the bike out I can put the bed back in place for the night.

image.jpeg
This is probably going to be a stupid question, but is that roof the original?
J.J McDuff
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby amcq46 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm

J.J McDuff wrote:
amcq46 wrote:
S60r wrote:
Nice avatar btw.... any actual pics of your conversion? I may do mine.... one day.

The van was converted by auto campers down in Reading from new. It's their Day van option, so I can still get a motorbike in the back with the suspended bed folded up and stored beside the bike, then when I take the bike out I can put the bed back in place for the night.

image.jpeg
This is probably going to be a stupid question, but is that roof the original?

no, its a retro fit Glass fiber poptop section.
amcq46
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom