*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 Custom rear spring upgrade

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: 2014 Custom rear spring upgrade

Postby Flatfish » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Mike wrote:I didn’t send you anything to do with a Custom, I think you’re the one who’s confused. Unless you’d like to point out where I sent you a link for the Custom?

I rest my case.
Flatfish
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Flatfish wrote:
Mike wrote:I didn’t send you anything to do with a Custom, I think you’re the one who’s confused. Unless you’d like to point out where I sent you a link for the Custom?

I rest my case.

Why, because you look stupid :lol:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby APW » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:53 pm

FlatFish…. Mike is correct, he helpfully posted a link for the BEMM PDF for a Mk8 transit because you asked in the Mk8 transit forum:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=205379&p=1721025#p1721025

If you had asked in the Transit Custom forum, I have no doubt that he would have posted a link for the BEMM pdf for a custom….

BTW, I have no idea why I’m getting involved here, Mike is a big boy and is more than capable of standing up for himself!! :D
APW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby BHM » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:50 pm

APW wrote:FlatFish…. Mike is correct, he helpfully posted a link for the BEMM PDF for a Mk8 transit because you asked in the Mk8 transit forum:

If you had asked in the Transit Custom forum, I have no doubt that he would have posted a link for the BEMM pdf for a custom….

BTW, I have no idea why I’m getting involved here, Mike is a big boy and is more than capable of standing up for himself!! :D

stockholm syndrome :mrgreen:

Bhm
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Flatfish » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:12 pm

APW wrote:FlatFish…. Mike is correct, he helpfully posted a link for the BEMM PDF for a Mk8 transit because you asked in the Mk8 transit forum:

Ahhhh, No.
You are incorrect. And Mikes not helpful to me as you suggest.
If you actually read my thread, I asked whats under my load liner. Was there any captive nuts.
mike thought he was been clever telling me where to drill hole in my custom, in the mk8 transit positions.
Helpful? Not quite. More damaging and toxic really.
If you read his posts, you would see he meant this.
But I'm sure he appreciates you helping him.
He and his girlfriends are supposed to be ignoring me, but so far not doing a very good job.
Maybe you could help him there too?
Flatfish
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:56 pm

It’s obvious from very early on that fatfish’s posts are ambiguous, there could be a number if reasons for this, I’ve seen it in the past where people do it so they can cause an argument later, but still claim the moral high ground, or it could just be that he’s a bit simple, make up your own minds.

The ambiguity in his posts meant that I opted to give him the benefit of doubt when he asked about his load liner. He posted in the MK8 section, rather than question him (he doesn’t take well to that) I chose to supply exactly the info that he’d asked for. For which he thanked me.
A day or so later I was advised that, 1:Custom load liners aren’t glued down, and 2:He’d probably mistakenly posted in the wrong section. I chose not to get more involved in his post because, well he’s a bit of a twat.

He then stupidly chose to attack me again in a thread that had nothing to do with him, other than he chose to post poor advice in it.

So Mr Fatfish, I suggest that you concentrate on posting more accurately, I’m sure one of my ‘girlfriends’ could help. :mrgreen:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby mikeoats » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:17 pm

I have been lurking on this forum since I bought my custom just over a year ago, this forum is full of great advice and problem finding/solutions, but I have noticed that its also toxic af at times and its usually the same two names that are responsible so please for the sake of all the non keyboard warriors who just want some info or advice please just keep your bullshit to yourselves.
mikeoats

Postby Flatfish » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Mike wrote:It’s obvious from very early on that fatfish’s posts are ambiguous, there could be a number if reasons for this, I’ve seen it in the past where people do it so they can cause an argument later, but still claim the moral high ground, or it could just be that he’s a bit simple, make up your own minds.

The ambiguity in his posts meant that I opted to give him the benefit of doubt when he asked about his load liner. He posted in the MK8 section, rather than question him (he doesn’t take well to that) I chose to supply exactly the info that he’d asked for. For which he thanked me.
A day or so later I was advised that, 1:Custom load liners aren’t glued down, and 2:He’d probably mistakenly posted in the wrong section. I chose not to get more involved in his post because, well he’s a bit of a twat.

He then stupidly chose to attack me again in a thread that had nothing to do with him, other than he chose to post poor advice in it.

So Mr Fatfish, I suggest that you concentrate on posting more accurately, I’m sure one of my ‘girlfriends’ could help. :mrgreen:

Stop backtracking. You know why you sent me the mk8 pdf.
You even said ' hope you don't drill any holes in the wrong place, wink
And you call me a twat?
Load liners on new customs are stuck down. I know this because I have a new custom. Which you knew from the first day I posted here. When your smart arse comments back fired once again.
Why not ask yourself why every time you post a clever cnt reply to a newbie, they disappear? And then wonder why the forum is quiet?
Even your girlfriends are disappearing.
Nearly every new post, there you are with your sarcastic crap. Just to get laughs from your cronies. You really are a sad individual with a serious superiority complex.
Let me guess, your a short arse, with a big attitude problem to try and big yourself up. Why do you have issues with people with shiny vans, and people who don't take your crap?
You may have a good knowledge of old vans. Good for you.
But it doesn't make you helpful by only helping your mates.

And me posting on threads that don't concern me? What the feck has that got to do with you? Who says who replys to what threads? All my posts ARE helpful to others? Not one have i been off with people. Compare that to yours and its clear to see who the forum clown is. 'Wind up merchant'? Not even close. Every village has one, but you could serve a city.

You need to find a mirror this evening little mike, have a real good look.
Flatfish
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Flatfish wrote:
You need to find a mirror this evening little mike, have a real good look.

Ironic.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby V184 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 pm

mikeoats wrote:I have been lurking on this forum since I bought my custom just over a year ago, this forum is full of great advice and problem finding/solutions, but I have noticed that its also toxic af at times and its usually the same two names that are responsible so please for the sake of all the non keyboard warriors who just want some info or advice please just keep your bullshit to yourselves.

Couldnt agree more :roll: Perhaps the moderators could sort it out please :wink:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:42 pm

mikeoats wrote:I have been lurking on this forum since I bought my custom just over a year ago, this forum is full of great advice and problem finding/solutions, but I have noticed that its also toxic af at times and its usually the same two names that are responsible so please for the sake of all the non keyboard warriors who just want some info or advice please just keep your bullshit to yourselves.

That’s all very well, BUT. It’s a regular question here, my van sits down when I put a load in it. Ok, so what’s the solution? The solution isn’t to put uprated springs on it! There are a few solutions, firstly and easiest, stop overloading it. If you bought a 290 and needed a 330, then don’t blame Ford. Secondly, if it’s broken, have it fixed with the correct springs, not uprated ones that could affect the safety of your van.

So, when someone comes and asks a daft question that gets asked once a month, no I won’t ignore it and I certainly won’t be subtle in my reply. And then when some daft c*** called fatfish comes along with obviously dangerous suggestions, I won’t hold back either, especially as he won’t even take responsibility for his own actions! Hell, he doesn’t even know the difference between a Custom and a MK8, and he’s had one new van for a few months (and broken it already) and he thinks I have an issue with shiny new vans, which just highlights his ignorance. :lol:

So I’m sorry if it upsets you mikeoats, but as the only contribution you’ve made here is to have a moan…

As for you V184, wind your neck in, you’re just sticking your oar in because you get your wings clipped for posting shite :wink:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby mikeoats » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:58 am

That’s all very well, BUT. It’s a regular question here, my van sits down when I put a load in it. Ok, so what’s the solution? The solution isn’t to put uprated springs on it! There are a few solutions, firstly and easiest, stop overloading it. If you bought a 290 and needed a 330, then don’t blame Ford. Secondly, if it’s broken, have it fixed with the correct springs, not uprated ones that could affect the safety of your van.

So, when someone comes and asks a daft question that gets asked once a month, no I won’t ignore it and I certainly won’t be subtle in my reply. And then when some daft c*** called fatfish comes along with obviously dangerous suggestions, I won’t hold back either, especially as he won’t even take responsibility for his own actions! Hell, he doesn’t even know the difference between a Custom and a MK8, and he’s had one new van for a few months (and broken it already) and he thinks I have an issue with shiny new vans, which just highlights his ignorance. :lol:

So I’m sorry if it upsets you mikeoats, but as the only contribution you’ve made here is to have a moan…

As for you V184, wind your neck in, you’re just sticking your oar in because you get your wings clipped for posting shite :wink:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Unless this is your forum people can ask what ever questions they want ?
If it bugs you that much that you have to turn to petty insults then maybe your should rethink about wasting your time reading them, this is certainly not the first thread I have read with you gobbing off to flatfish either maybe if I draw a doll you can show us where he touched you ?
mikeoats

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:33 am

mikeoats wrote:If it bugs you that much that you have to turn to petty insults then maybe your should rethink about wasting your time reading them……..maybe if I draw a doll you can show us where he touched you ?

As this particular brain fart was so important that it woke (no irony intended) you up in the early hours, I assume you’ll be taking your own advice.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Flatfish » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:32 am

mikeoats wrote:

Mike
Wind up merchant!

Unless this is your forum people can ask what ever questions they want ?
If it bugs you that much that you have to turn to petty insults then maybe your should rethink about wasting your time reading them, this is certainly not the first thread I have read with you gobbing off to flatfish either maybe if I draw a doll you can show us where he touched you ?

As you can see mr oates , it IS his forum. He and his girlfriends made a pact to ignore me, so I would and quote 'run away' it's playground behaviour and we know who the bully was.
He's an ego egomanic, and will never stop having the last word.
Welcome to mikes forum, sadly you will probably leave like most others are doing.
Flatfish
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am

Flatfish wrote: He and his girlfriends made a pact to ignore me.

That’s genuinely hilarious, you need to lay off the weed, it’s making you paranoid :lol: :lol: :lol: People ignore you because they don’t like you, nothing more sinister, but thanks for the post, lmfao. Infact I’d quite like it if others interacted with you, it’d save me having to point out your dangerous suggestions.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom