*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2010 fwd 2.2 transit mark 7

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2010 fwd 2.2 transit mark 7

Postby Floyddowling » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:04 pm

20210228_125240.jpg
Hi

Couple of weeks back I went to start my van and when the key was turned I got nothing just lines on the dash where the milage would be, no noises no clicking nothing, at first thought it was an immobiliser issue or key or something had an auto electrician look and couldn't find the problem so after much messing about and being off the road for nearly 2 weeks and 3 different technicians looking at it with no luck my mate linked a bit wire in the fuse box under the bonnet between a fuse and a live connection and by luck the van started, so at the moment I'm mobile but I'm having to remove the wire everytime I stop or the battery drains and I need to re attach the wire everytime I want to start the van, does anyone have any idea how I can fix this property no one seems to know why I need the wire to start the van I've attached a pic of the wire in position.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Floyddowling

Re: 2010 fwd 2.2 transit mark 7

Postby Stumble » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Looks like No26 15 amp is PCM power, no idea what the other end of your cable does
Have you done anything with your ignition switch ?
Also, looks like you have contact corrosion going on, is the lid missing ?
Stumble
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Chug » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:46 pm

If you are having to connect a live to the fuse then it suggests that either:-
1. there is no power to the fuse.
2. there is power to the fuse but the fuse is not passing it on.

One assumes you have tried checking to see if there is power at the fuse contacts, and cleaned them and tried swapping the fuse?
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Floyddowling » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:02 pm

Ignition switch was changed when trying to figure out why the van wouldn't start but it made no difference, fuse has been changed but made no difference, doing this is the only way I can get the van to start, no the lid isn't missing but I did notice the start of some corrosion in there. I can't find anyone that knows how to fix this so everytime I park up I need to remove the wire then re attach everytime I'm going anywhere its pretty annoying, would buying a new fuse box fix this I seen them on ebay the whole unit and would it be easy to replace?
Floyddowling

Postby Stumble » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Have you tried swapping relays in that fuse box ?
Stumble
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby vanduara37 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:14 pm

Know this is not a permanent solution, but to save you lifting the bonnet every time I would get a longer wire, bring it into the cab and fit a switch you can flick on and off.
vanduara37
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Floyddowling » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24 pm

Yes I think one of the mechanics that tried to fix it switched the relays never made a difference tho, im a plumber to trade so don't really know anything about how vans work, I'm just thinking surely this has happened to someone else and they would know how to fix it. I've thought about the switch in the cab thing as its a right pain lifting the bonnet everytime I stop :lol: hoping to get it sorted before then though.
Floyddowling

Postby andz327 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:36 pm

Its usually an ignition switch problem when these sort of probs appearTake fuse box apart and trace wire back to where it's feed comes from
Priir to this happening was there any work done to van
Definitely no power at the female conector side of that fuse , also cheap fuse can look ok but aren't,
Doesn't happen to be 2 batteries under the seat??

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Floyddowling » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:19 pm

Ignition switch has been been replaced, no work was carried out prior to it happening i just went out in the morning to go to work and it wouldn't start, I've tried a few different fuses with no luck, no its just a single battery under the seat which is also brand new. I don't have the technical knowledge myself to start taking the fuse box apart, a friend of mine knows the mobile mechanic that works with Ford so he came to have a look and has no idea how to fix it or whats causing it apart from maybe a damaged wire under the fuse box somewhere, he didn't seem keen on stripping it out to try find the problem.
Floyddowling

Return to Technical Problems & Questions