*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

460 minibus camper conversion

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re: 460 minibus camper conversion

Postby Stromin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:30 am

Rob62 wrote:Hi mate, thanks... I did the CAD model myself, it not super detailed but accurate enough to plan your build, it’s based on the inside skin of the van with all the trim and floor stripped out. I can send you a copy if you like, let me know.

That would be really good if you could, would save me time on designing mine. I'll PM you with my email, appreciated many thanks.
Stromin
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Stromin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am

Stromin wrote:
Rob62 wrote:Hi mate, thanks... I did the CAD model myself, it not super detailed but accurate enough to plan your build, it’s based on the inside skin of the van with all the trim and floor stripped out. I can send you a copy if you like, let me know.

That would be really good if you could, would save me time on designing mine. I'll PM you with my email, appreciated many thanks.

My PM is sitting in the outbox so may be restricted, email is ianmaley@hotmail.com, once its sent I'll delete this message - thanks again.
Stromin
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Rob62 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:49 pm

Been a little while since I did an update on the build. Still got plenty to do but making steady progress.... It’s not easy doing all the work on your own as many of you already know. Here’s the roof insulation and the wall cabinet battens, not completed yet due to still planning the final shower position and also the position of the Maxxair fan
Roof battens made from 12mm ply and screwed into place using the luggage rack captive nuts...
Ceiling moisture barrier...
Bit of carpeting round the rear side windows, still have to carper the doors and a few other places
Got some nice trim to finish the window edges... 17m of the stuff required!
Finally ready to start making some of the woodwork, already planned out in CAD but now time to make it for real
This is the rear garage and bed frame.....
The two frames will be screwed to the floor and sides and the bed frame will sit on the beam and will hinge up from the rhs to enable a motorcycle to fit into the garage. Last minute design change as I was originally planning to have the garage full height with the bed in the down position, but decided that sleeping in the van with a bike in the garage will be a rare scenario so opted for a slightly lower frame giving more headroom over the bed....
And finally, I went to a 2 stroke bike rally at the weekend and couldn’t resist trying out the empty van, so out came all the unfinished furniture and in went the bike, self-inflating mattress and a sleeping bag... had a great time and the bike never flinched in the back, so I was well happy with the tie-down loops fitted to the chassis.
More updates to follow shortly. Cheers, Rob.
Rob62
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stromin » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Nice work Rob, Finally get to pick up my bus on Saturday to start my build
Stromin
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby JamesHow » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Nice job.

Out of interest how much space is there in the factory heading? Could put some mini cupboards for clothes, bog roll, tea towels etc?

Cheers James
JamesHow
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rob62 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:30 am

Hi James, yes i guess you could use the spaces for a bit of storage, you wouldn’t be able to get any insulation in there though.. probably wouldn’t make any difference to be honest as there are so many windows, the insulation is not likely to be very effective..
Rob62
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Ozzy Transit » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi Rob62

Mate I've been searching wreckers everywhere for the interior. I'll take the whole lot and will organise shipping. We don't have the minibus Variant fitout in Australia, only for the 410L model. In Australia your van is the 470E. I tried PM'ing you but wouldn't let me
Ozzy Transit

Postby Ozzy Transit » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:08 am

Hi Rob, have you still got the original interior fitout? I'm happy to work out a deal to buy it from you. Can you PM me I found the link through a google search and cant direct message you :D
Ozzy Transit

Postby Van2b » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:46 pm

Wondering what is the total weight of the all cabinets.
Also, Pinterest is always a place to go when I need some inspiration on camper van interior design https://www.pinterest.com/Van2bCamperva ... ior-ideas/
Van2b

Previous

Return to Camper vans and conversions