*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Macbook forscan help

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Macbook forscan help

Postby lenny89 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:18 am

Using crossover to use forscan my MacBook is saying no adapter found i have followed a few guides and download drivers ect with still no luck can anyone help me please

Sorry if not in right section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lenny89
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Macbook forscan help

Postby knobby1 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:10 am

I don't think Forscan is compatible with Macbook, even when using crossover....only iOS for phones and tablets etc, but is not free and has less functionality...

It works best on a windoze laptop running Win 7 or 10.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby lenny89 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:17 am

knobby1 wrote:I don't think Forscan is compatible with Macbook, even when using crossover....only iOS for phones and tablets etc, but is not free and has less functionality...

It works best on a windoze laptop running Win 7 or 10.

Lord Knobrot
Thanks mate will try and borrow laptop from someone tomorrow and see how i get on thanks

lenny89
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ropecharrmer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:12 pm

I did get ForScan working on my MacBook. It is possible. It was getting a chore keep asking people to borrow their laptops.

Don't know much about Crossover. I wanted to exhaust the free software possibilities first before doing that, and I managed it through VirtualBox running a Windows virtual machine.

What was essential in doing that was that the drivers for the device I was using were installed in both the top-level MacOS and also in Windows in the virtual machine. Then I had to configure the virtual machine so that it knew to take control of the device when I connected it to the computer. Finally, I had to ensure I plugged in the device after booting the virtual machine so that the virtual machine and Windows could take control of the device before MacOS did. Then, hey presto, Windows saw the device and everything worked as expected from there.

You'll need to figure out what the equivalent is for Crossover, or switch to a Windows emulator that has better support for external devices.
2006 Mk7 2.4 RWD
ropecharrmer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby lenny89 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:12 pm

Got it working eventually! The transit is really smokey on acceleration (black) it dose come up egr fault just gong to mess around with it for now Image

lenny89
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby lenny89 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:31 pm

My smoke will definitely be down to the egr?

lenny89
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions