*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Access to rear compartment ?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Access to rear compartment ?

Postby Wildwood » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:29 am

Hi
I’ve got a transit trend MK 3 (I think!) alls good except the key fob wouldn’t work the other day and I obviously had to use the key to get into the cab area. There’s a bulkhead fitted and I couldn’t find a way to get into the back with the key or any internal buttons? I hate to say I’ve had the van for quite a few years and I’ve never needed to do this before!!! Is there a way?
Thanks in advance
Wildwood
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:49 am

Re: Access to rear compartment ?

Postby Altransit » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:34 am

Turn the key twice to unlock the rear, but this won't work if you have a dead battery

If the fob doesn't work, you may well have a problem with the front van battery (assuming that you have two under the seat?)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 42104
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Access to rear compartment ?

Postby gotgcoalman » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:35 pm

Bjt had the "fits all key"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
ne m'écoute pas je suis plein de merde.
A house without a dog is like a forum without a BJT.
Too bloody quiet :shock:
User avatar
gotgcoalman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 14121
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:04 pm
Location: Aycliffe in County Durham

Re: Access to rear compartment ?

Postby Wildwood » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Thanks I’ll give it a go! Battery is fine just the fob didn’t want to work
Wildwood
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:49 am


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.