*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Van audio tent, stand ‘show’ ice competition TRANSITMANIA!

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Van audio tent, stand ‘show’ ice competition TRANSITMANIA!

Postby Gurj51ngh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am

Hi people I have had a chat with luke and I wanted to collect other members thoughts who will be attending the event or even if not please add your ideas to this thread.

We are hoping to pull of a ‘ice audio show’ for 2 of the days while we will be at billing. What I have got planned up so far is a competition for best installed and best sounding van 8) . I have got in touch with my audio supplier and I am trying to get them to sponsor a gift for the event. If not there will be a trophy to be won! :!: (if we have enough vans for the competition)

What I will also be doing is helping other MEMBERS tune up their audio equipment and I will also be happy to do small installs on the 2 days I will be there for FREE.

What I would like to know is how many ‘iced’ out vans will defo be attending this event?? Reason for this is so this way we know if we have a competition on!! :twisted:

Also as luke was saying for these 2 days we will have all the ‘iced’ out vans parked up at the stand 8) .

If any one else out there has any more ideas how to make this a success please do post up it will be really appreciated. I haven't ever done any thing like this 1st time I am being asked to do so, so any help will be great. :D

Construction, Bespoke Joinery & AV fit out services.
Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Re: Van audio tent, stand ‘show’ ice competition TRANSITMANIA!

Postby Luke » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:42 am

Nice one Gurj 8)

i'll have my cossy van at the show and i plan to have a decent sterio in it (nothing ear bleeding :lol: ) but at the moment its got nothing, and there's no way i'll have anything started by then so it'll be a good time to have a chat to those who of you who are into your sterios to give me some advice on what to go for 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby dingdangdo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 pm

I know from the car sound off type things they do it in stages, i.e. 0 - 500w, 500-1000w and unlimited, or do the judging in the amount of speakers installed and best install
dingdangdo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Gurj51ngh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:50 am

well they way i was thinking of doing it was have a DB measuring device, so basically you get a bass test cd walk about 10 meters away and see what van has the highest DB out put.

i do know there are a few members on here with good installs but they all seem to be hiding for some reason??? :?

scared of a competition?? ll come on post your names up :!: :wink:

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby dingdangdo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 am

Gurj51ngh wrote:well they way i was thinking of doing it was have a DB measuring device, so basically you get a bass test cd walk about 10 meters away and see what van has the highest DB out put.
the only problem I see with being 10m away is if theres any kind of wind it will effect the out come and won't get a fair result, would be better putting a DB meter in the cab's at drivers ear level, so everyone gets the reading from the same area of the van. I know it's a bit of a faff for a fun event, but then no one can say they lost cos of a gust of wind.

Also I can supply any bass test cd's if needed, I have a couple of US comp ones knocking around somewhere, I used to set up mate's systems for entry level comp's at shows so needed the cd's to do it lol
dingdangdo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Gurj51ngh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:15 pm

I understand what you mean mate,thats very true sounds a good idea. I have also had a pm from someone suggesting rather then just having a competition for the ‘’loudest van’’ we should mix it up in to a best over all ice van which sounds like a better idea?? Meaning best install, best sounding highest range of DB. Any other ideas will be great :D .

It seem that all people on here with iced out vans have done a runner so I am going to have to try and chance them up :wink: .

Also I know cat daddy who also has a ace install is bringing down his pro do for the night entertainment but am mate of mine who is a pro do will be coming down is well with his gear and keeping you guys entertained through out that day 8) .

thanks.

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby catdaddy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:32 pm

my install aint quite finished yet :wink: :wink:
catdaddy
Party Animal

Postby Gurj51ngh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 am

:lol: it will put most to shame :!:

so you up for this then catdaddy??

even if you say you havent finished it you got a few more months to get it all done :) . providing that rust stops :oops:

should be a good laugh and i am also looking foward to seeing all the work you done on yours.

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby catdaddy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:05 pm

maybe it ll be ready for the ace cafe on the 14 th :o :o
catdaddy
Party Animal

Postby M4carp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi G, thanks for the pm but I cant reply as i have still got problems with it? Not sure if I can to be honest. Im going to Luton tommorrow to pick up a custom box for my Hertz Mille sub :D and then to Northolt car radio to get a firmware update for my pioneer head unit on monday. Got an unbelievable 15" sub in at the moment - but its started to smell when cranked up?
Im recovering from nearly a year of treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma (cancer) so dont know what im doing at the moment but hopefully I will be cured :D
Maybe its better I dont come because my system is sh1t hot 8)

Sorry I cant say yes at the moment :(
08 230LX 110ps 18" st alloys Pioneer HD3BT Hertz amps/speakers Toad AI606
M4carp
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ice van » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:21 pm

ok then this soud's good to me c u lot soon
ice van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Gurj51ngh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks for your reply’s guys. Even if you van isn’t fully ready it don’t matter, we just want to try and get as many as possible vans with good ice installs at the stand to set the trends 8) .
It don’t matter if you don’t have the loudest van the sound off will only go ahead if we have enough members that would like to take part.
But otherwise you just being there with your iced out van will be good enough :D .

I hope you get well soon m4crap, I hope you can make it to the event :) .
I will try and get my ass down to ace café if I get the chance the thing is it ends to early 4pm but I will try if not. I will look forward to seeing you at transit mania cat daddy. To be honest I don’t think the show will be complete with out your van :D .

I hope you get your install done or even started for the event ice van. This will probably push you along now to get things done :lol: .

Cheers people.

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby whitevanman66 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:34 pm

im not sure what dates im away in spain but where is this being held(how far from portsmouth is it?)id like to go even though my system is only what i call basic but loud,but practical for work
whitevanman66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Gurj51ngh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 pm

mate it wont be to far from you. its being held at billing its just pass silverstone racing circuit.
hope you can make it is well. :D

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:11 am

Northampton mate :)

Not exactly local, A34, M40 1 junction, A43 about 130 miles from Pompey
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Transitmania