*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


My Mk2 County

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

My Mk2 County

Postby Tidy Tom » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd give an update on this van. I had a couple of weeks off work recently, and one of the things I was going to do was to start work on the van. It's in an open storage lot about 40 or 50 miles away from me in the next county, and typically enough, when I rang the guy up to say I was planning on coming over, it turns out he was away somewhere and the van had been moved into a corner of the yard, surrounded by all manner of old stuff and couldn't really be worked on :(

It's starting to get annoying, I've owned this bloody thing for ages now but never seem to get the chance to get going on it! Oh well. There's a few pictures of what it's like now - it actually looks worse now as it's got so much old tat lying around it, and the mildew has started to grow. On the plus side, the guy who runs the yard has been going round it welding bits for me, and that's almost done now, so at least it's fairly solid underneath. I really need to get that "Blackpool or bust" rubbed off the side as well :)

This is the back of it - featuring the back door that I still haven't got round to finding a handle for:
Image

This is the side featuring the Blackpool slogan!
Image

And I thought I'd give a close up of the side windows, which are of note out of their sheer nastiness - some sort of wobbly perspex held in place with what looks like carpet rail:
Image

And then I've put this on the end as it cheered me up in a sort of anoraky way - someone else has got themselves a "project" by the look of it in the form of this thing which is parked just across from me:
Image

Do I win a prize for having the worst van on the forum?
Cheers,
Tom.
Tidy Tom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby joe 10 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:47 pm

i think i`ve got a tailgate handle for your van.let me know if you interested,i`ll hunt it out
User avatar
joe 10
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:44 am
Location: kettering northants

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby Tidy Tom » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:42 pm

A big thanks to Joe for finding me the door lock - it arrived today.
Thanks for that - it's the first progress I've made on the van in ages :)
Last edited by Tidy Tom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tidy Tom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby Tidy Tom » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Here's the door handle!

Image

Secondly, I went and collected 4 of the wheels yesterday to rub down and repaint. On that note, does anyone know roughly what I should expect to pay to get them sandblasted? :?

Image

Cheers,
Tidy Tom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby bigmastif » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:15 pm

was this on ebay a couple of year back ?
User avatar
bigmastif
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3866
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby pipeforce » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:50 am

Not sure what its like over there but in aus I pay 40 dollars a rim for sand blasting and powdercoating. would that be 20 squid :D
User avatar
pipeforce
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:01 am
Location: western australia

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby irishtransit » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:26 pm

pipeforce wrote:Not sure what its like over there but in aus I pay 40 dollars a rim for sand blasting and powdercoating. would that be 20 squid :D



that sounds like good value :)
irishtransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: mallow county cork ireland

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby jolly olly » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:13 am

£30 a wheel, is the cheapest i have found so far that's up in the northeast, sand blasted and powder coated any colour.
Life is not a dress rehearsal
jolly olly
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:00 am
Location: sunderland t&w

Re: My Mk2 County

Postby Tidy Tom » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Okay, thanks for that. It might be a bit expensive in that case, I've got 7 of them to do and the wheels are bigger than a normal Transit's as it's a County - they're about the same size as an Iveco Daily or Ford A series' wheels I think.

Might have to make do with a wire brush and a tin of Hammerite :(
Tidy Tom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Nottingham


Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.