Howdy
just put in a tee off into the feed line before the lift pump.
When i cut the line, there was very little diesel coming out!
I was very surprised.
And, you've guessed it , the transit (97,2.5D) starts with a full filter and then cuts out after 30seconds.
So today I'm going through the injectors. Undo each 1/4 turn with 17mm anticlockwise, crank the engine. close that nut. 4 nuts to undo in total. They should make a crack when you undo them. Thats why its called "crack the injectors".
I also tried bleeding the feed to my Bosch pump from the filter.
Any comments, would be welcome. I'm not a mechanic but by piecing the info together,
and not being scared to have ago I learn.
Any other tips about air in the system let me know. I don't think that there is a problem with the liftpump or any other lines as the transit has been running for 5 yrs with no problems.
I have been careful to fill the diesel filter so that it does not have any air in it either.



