*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


some q about my new mk6

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

some q about my new mk6

Postby sign man » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:56 pm

I have had my nice new mk6 135/350 for 2 months now and it now seems to be getting more and more lumpy when at idle it is idling at about 850 rpm anyone got any ideas on the cause or is this normal :P :P :P :P
i like it i like it alot ....................................
sign man
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:45 pm

Postby xbox360 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 pm

Sounds like your injectors are out of calibration.Take it to ford and they will plug there laptop in the vans interface and reprogram it :wink: http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ne+problem
User avatar
xbox360
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Postby fastmower » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Apologies if this is a silly question - but - is taking the vehicle to Ford for a job like this anything like going to one of these performance places where the vehicle gets plugged in and has its bumps read sort of thing?

What I'm getting at - I think - is could a vehicle be taken to ford as a 90PS for instance, and come away again having been "turned up a bit"?

Like I said - sorry if this is a silly question, but I don't really understand how all this re-mapping and stuff you read about actually works - I was brought up on nuts and bolts (including whitworth :lol: :lol: )
From four vans to two :-(

1997 Mk5 County Transit 4x4
2003 Mk6 ex RAC 330 SWB
User avatar
fastmower
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: Lancaster

Postby sign man » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:41 pm

cheers its coming up for its 15000 mile service will tell them to check that and see what they say :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i like it i like it alot ....................................
sign man
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:45 pm

Postby AndyG » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:57 pm

fastmower wrote:Apologies if this is a silly question - but - is taking the vehicle to Ford for a job like this anything like going to one of these performance places where the vehicle gets plugged in and has its bumps read sort of thing?

What I'm getting at - I think - is could a vehicle be taken to ford as a 90PS for instance, and come away again having been "turned up a bit"?

Like I said - sorry if this is a silly question, but I don't really understand how all this re-mapping and stuff you read about actually works - I was brought up on nuts and bolts (including whitworth :lol: :lol: )
Fords will only work to the vehicles original spec :!:
They will not alter anything even if they could :roll:
I've asked them already to alter mine and even offered to buy them a new ECU but they said NO. :(
It may be specific instructions from Fords :idea:
Also if you take in a vehicle with say a brake problem and you had larger/better discs/pads, they would insist it to be put back to 'normal' :roll: or not touch it :!: :D
So if you want more horses out of your 90PS you'll have to go to a 'tuning shop' :D
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.