*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


dianostic in the northeast

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey guys!!!

Can anyone help me to find someone to pull the codes off my 1996 230 TD with an epic system Ford want £100 from me and I just can not afford it!!!

Your help as usual is most greatful

Craig
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: Engine Management light on and goes to limp mode

Postby alanwh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Before you do anything, take off the connector on the back of the pump and douse in electrical
contact cleaner (NOT WD40) from Maplin or Halfrauds and leave an hour. clean pins lightly with a small copper wire brush.
You'll get alsorts of spurious fault codes if the pins are corroded + change the belt urgently as previous posts
User avatar
alanwh
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:22 am
Location: Barnsley s63

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Ok thank you for your input !

Please let me tell you all where I'm at!!!

I have checked the conector behind the pump and it looks like new!

The timing belt has been replaced along with a new tensioner

The timing on the pump has been re checked and adjusted so that the 6mm pin slides in and out off the u shaped drilling on the pump and pulley.

I have tried stalling the van and am about to take her for a spin without the crankshaft sensor connected as advised by a member and will post my findings

The van will drive fine for around 5~10 miles fine then the red engine light comes on and the van goes into limp mode. I feel that the next stage would be to try and find someone up here in geordie lad who can pull the fault codes for me so that you guys have a better idea of what is going on.

So with that in mind if anyone can tell me of anyone within 50 miles of Newcastle who is able to pull the codes off for me that would be AMAZING as the robbing BAS#€RDS at ford want £85 + VAT which I really can't afford especially if there is more work to be done ie change the pump etc etc

Thanks guys .......Craig
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby Nadjenka » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Maybe Bazw and his Frankensprinter will know of someone up there... :?: :wink:
Image
1995 Mk5 150 LWB Minibus - camper-to-be - Lola's story :mrgreen:
1999 Mk5 190 LWB 2.5TDi, automatic, story has started :twisted:
User avatar
Nadjenka
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm
Location: West London

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Off to see Barry and the frankensprinter tomorrow at 10am

Looks like Bertha could be sorted quite soon ! :D
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi guys can anyone tell me if the Lucas pumps are interchangable as I have just put another Lucas on to try and figure out if the pump is really to blame for the problem!

Anyway just want to know if they can be swapped one for the other as I have now fitted the new one and I tried bleeding it at the injectors but can get any fuel through

Any help would be great
Craig
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Can you straight swop a lucas pump ?

Postby CraigMac » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:41 pm

I have swapped my lucas pump for a different one but the pump is not allowing any fuel through to the injectors is this because of the ecu?

Help on this mater would be great

Craig
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

CraigMac wrote:Ok thank you for your input !

Please let me tell you all where I'm at!!!

I have checked the conector behind the pump and it looks like new!

The timing belt has been replaced along with a new tensioner

The timing on the pump has been re checked and adjusted so that the 6mm pin slides in and out off the u shaped drilling on the pump and pulley.

I have tried stalling the van and am about to take her for a spin without the crankshaft sensor connected as advised by a member and will post my findings

The van will drive fine for around 5~10 miles fine then the red engine light comes on and the van goes into limp mode. I feel that the next stage would be to try and find someone up here in geordie lad who can pull the fault codes for me so that you guys have a better idea of what is going on.

So with that in mind if anyone can tell me of anyone within 50 miles of Newcastle who is able to pull the codes off for me that would be AMAZING as the robbing BAS#€RDS at ford want £85 + VAT which I really can't afford especially if there is more work to be done ie change the pump etc etc

Thanks guys .......Craig




without the crankshaft sensor connected as advised by a member :shock: :shock:

bad idea you will have more fault codes doing that, and it will not run right. :shock: :shock:
User avatar
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: lincolnshire

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby AndyG » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 pm

What are the numbers on your original and replacement pump :?:

I thought you were going Bosch :?
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:12 am

I got the lucas pump in a deal with an engine and box fitted with a Bosch but I don't have a pedal yet so thought I would try the epic to get me back on the road

Numbers are as follows mine:
DSA1096
21176KNG
8720A011A

And the new one :
DSA1096
11734EOG
8720A011A

Cheers Andy
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby AndyG » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:10 pm

CraigMac wrote:
Numbers are as follows mine:
DSA1096
21176KNG
8720A011A

And the new one :
DSA1096
11734EOG
8720A011A

Cheers Andy
These two pumps are interchangeable, so should have been fine :!:
How long has it been sitting around and were there any ports left open :?:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:17 pm

The new pump has been out of it's vehicle for over a year and all ports were not covered :!: :!: :!:

I have given up with Lucas pump now mate and have just fitted the Bosch..... But now this is giving me problems as I can't seam to get her running again :cry: :cry:

I have cracked the unions at the injectors and there seems to be fuel coming through, however it does not seem to be at very high pressure.... I have also heard that it is better to advance the timing on the Bosch pump :?: :?: :?: could this be the answer :?:

I have also just hooked the Bosch pump directly to the battery but I don't think that would make a difference.

I know the Bosch pump is sound as I have seen it running on the engine I bought

I'm still searching for a throttle cable and pedal if anyone knows where I might find one!!!!

Craig
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Also when looking for the throttle cable and pedal what model has the pedal and cable fitted ?

Is the pedal a straight swap ie are the bolts in the same position or do I need to make new holes....
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby CraigMac » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Got the van running again now the Bosch pump is running sweet :D :D :D

The only problem I'm having now is finding a bloody manual pedal are they available direct from ford :?: :?: :?:

Getting close now thanks to a lot of tinkering and sound advise from the great guys on here cheers to you all

Craig
Regards Craig
User avatar
CraigMac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

Re: dianostic in the northeast

Postby AndyG » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Either a new one from Fords or any one breaking a Transit :!: Loads of manual pedal ones about :!:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.