*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Hi All. Tranny Camper Van Question...?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Hi All. Tranny Camper Van Question...?

Postby Debster » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Everyone...am new here..so hope ya don't mind me posting a little question (or 2! :D )

I just got my Tranny Camper van back from the MOT station. It failed. :( Again. :? For the same thing. :evil: Apparently the Brake Load Sensing Valve has seized again!
I am lead to believe this could be quite a quick and easy DIY repair..as in = WD40 and waggle it about a bit...? :lol:

The other issue it failed on is that the off side rear Leaf spring has fractured. They wanna charge £280 to fix - so I've spoken to some scrappies and it would seem I can get a 2nd hand part for around 50 quid. Now..here's the thing. How do I know how many leafs I need to ask for??? I'm a tad confused. I've put the Tranny details below in case it helps a bit with my Q's.

Hope someone can help...would be very grateful!

Ford Transit 100 T280
51 Plate
2000cc
Debster
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Hi All. Tranny Camper Van Question...?

Postby Kerunk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi There,

The load sensing valve can usually be sorted just as you say by WD40 and "wiggling it about a bit". I tend to spray it several times a year and "wiggle it about a bit" because it doesn't get too much exercise being fully loaded all the time. Try it, I'm sure you'll get a lot of pleasure from "wiggling" :wink:

Leaf springs? "I no nothing" Sorry. :lol:

Cheers,

Rob
User avatar
Kerunk
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Hi All. Tranny Camper Van Question...?

Postby jay » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:18 pm

single leaf spring is usually fitted as standard but easiest way is look under the rear axle.and to make sure they are both the same why not buy both springs and sell the odd one back to the scrappy..... have you ever had that on the weighbridge as someone had a 280 camper van and it was nearly overweight with nothing extra onboard.
mk1 connect tourneo
User avatar
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7916
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Hi All. Tranny Camper Van Question...?

Postby Debster » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Hey hey!! Lots of waggling - sounds good to me!! lolol :lol: Even better if it's waggled for free! :D

Not sure bout the weigh bridge thingymabobikins... I've not yet weighed my camper..wey hey! :wink: It looks very heavy though..tee and a hee hee.

I've had a glass of wine since we last spoke so apologies for the awfully silly sense of humour!! :oops:

Thankyou both for replying..its uber muchly appreciated. So, I need a single leaf springy and I can waggle it myself. I'm a happy gal...! :D And I use far too many smileys!

I may hang around for a while if that is ok..am finding the postings very interesting....
Debster
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:32 pm


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.