*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


75 ps - 100 ps, turbo boost? (no knight rider jokes pls!)

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

75 ps - 100 ps, turbo boost? (no knight rider jokes pls!)

Postby gough1e » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:41 am

Anyone know if it is a simple upgrade to 100ps as they are both the 2l duratorq?
Also can the boost on the turbo be safely turned up as my 75ps 02 doesnt seem to have the turbo response I would imagine even when empty, although im used to smaller vans so it might just be expecting too much!! :lol:
gough1e
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Wales

Postby Valsheda » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:46 am

Can your van be chipped or have a re-map done ????

Could be the way to go if its possible :D
User avatar
Valsheda
Top Tourneo Owner
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Postby madmark » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:11 pm

:? i think the 75ps doesnt have a intercooler ,but you maybe able to get it chipped to more power! :?
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Postby Nighthawk » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm

the 75 doesn't have the intercooler and the calibration of the management system is different.

both matters can be addressed though :wink:
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Postby Grimly » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Nighthawk wrote:the 75 doesn't have the intercooler and the calibration of the management system is different.

both matters can be addressed though :wink:


Mine seems to have some shitty arrangement on the inlet manifold, which I assume cools the charge to somewhere near the cooling system temperature; ie, not much. In my bag of bits I've got a Cossy I/C and I'm thinking of fitting that.
My van is an early FWD 2.0L TDI, and as far as I can see, is lacking much in the way of engine electronics. Anybody got any info on adjusting the fuel pump as necessary for mid-range fuelling if the I/C goes on?
2001 2.0L Turbo Diesel FWD LWB SHR. 30,000 free miles from the chipper.
Grimly
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby madmark » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:07 pm

:? mate i would think a inter cooler would help! :?
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:09 pm

bluefin :idea: 8) 8)
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
User avatar
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: sussex

Postby Grimly » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:20 pm

100ps_drw_hicube wrote:bluefin :idea: 8) 8)


I don't know if this engine has a chip - it's an early 2.0L TDI. Checking around, I don't see much control electronics.

My intention with this is to simply add a few HP without spending much - an extra 10 or 15bhp would suit me nicely. I don't want to overstress the engine too much, as I intend to keep this van for a few years yet and it's got to earn a living. It would be great to ramp it up to 120ps, but I'd be leary of that for reliability.
2001 2.0L Turbo Diesel FWD LWB SHR. 30,000 free miles from the chipper.
Grimly
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Grimly » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:21 pm

madmark wrote::? mate i would think a inter cooler would help! :?


I'm thinking it's got to help a bit - can't do any harm. I'm just wondering what to do about fuelling too.
2001 2.0L Turbo Diesel FWD LWB SHR. 30,000 free miles from the chipper.
Grimly
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Grimly wrote:
100ps_drw_hicube wrote:bluefin :idea: 8) 8)


I don't know if this engine has a chip - it's an early 2.0L TDI. Checking around, I don't see much control electronics.

My intention with this is to simply add a few HP without spending much - an extra 10 or 15bhp would suit me nicely. I don't want to overstress the engine too much, as I intend to keep this van for a few years yet and it's got to earn a living. It would be great to ramp it up to 120ps, but I'd be leary of that for reliability.


should have a ecu :lol: and a electric fly by wire throttle pedal im sure 2000on all had ecu's :? :?
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
User avatar
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: sussex

Postby madmark » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:56 pm

:shock: are you running on chippy oil????? does it run ok??????
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Postby Grimly » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:09 pm

madmark wrote::shock: are you running on chippy oil????? does it run ok??????


Sure, it runs fine. I'm running 60/40 vegoil/diesel and have been for the past year. Was on biodiesel for two years prior to that with no problems.
2001 2.0L Turbo Diesel FWD LWB SHR. 30,000 free miles from the chipper.
Grimly
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Nighthawk » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Grimly wrote:Mine seems to have some shitty arrangement on the inlet manifold, which I assume cools the charge to somewhere near the cooling system temperature; ie, not much.
My van is an early FWD 2.0L TDI, and as far as I can see, is lacking much in the way of engine electronics.


No m8, the 75ps has no charge cooling.

Are you getting confused with the heater system pipes that run very close to the air box above the inlet manifold?

Early or late, all the tddi engines ran on EEC V management with a bosch VP30 or 44 pump.
The pumps are fully electronic, so no screws to tweak. Fuel delivery and quantity are only tweakable by altering the mapping
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Postby Grimly » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:46 pm

100ps_drw_hicube wrote:should have a ecu :lol: and a electric fly by wire throttle pedal im sure 2000on all had ecu's :? :?


I've just had a closer look - you're right that there's no throttle cable, so it must be drive-by-wire. I've also just discovered a slight oil leak from the turbo on the blow side :( Bugger. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Any idea where the ECU would be located? Is it in a standard position on all the Mk6s?
2001 2.0L Turbo Diesel FWD LWB SHR. 30,000 free miles from the chipper.
Grimly
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Nighthawk » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:59 pm

They all weep oil there, and it's usually because of the crank case gasses being added to the incoming air charge.

The PCM is in the same place for them all.

remove the fuse box cover on the passenger side of the dash and look into the hole, you'll see a silver module....thats EEC V

it comes out by undoing the wiring connector under the bonnet and then taking off the seal plate on the bulk head and then slides out.
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.